Saturday, August 19, 2017

Civil Rights


Dick Gregory, the pioneering standup comedian and civil rights activist who made his advocacy work a key component of his on-stage persona, died Saturday night in Washington, D.C. He was 84.

Gregory’s death was confirmed by his family in an Instagram post.

“The family appreciates the outpouring of support and love and respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time,” read the post from son Christian Gregory.

Boston Standing


Boston Standing for Something right!

Friday, August 18, 2017

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Aretha's Club


Lights - All Hail The Queen ... Aretha Franklin has her sights set on nightlife. Reportedly, the ‘Queen of Soul’ is planning to move back to her hometown of Detroit and open a nightclub. The 75-year-old singer currently lives in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. Aretha, who announced earlier this year that she’s retiring, says of her latest venture,


"I’m interested in doing a small nightclub downtown, and he (Bruce Schwartz, Detroit relocation ambassador for Bedrock Real Estate Services) and I have been talking about this for a couple of years now and I’m just letting him know I’m still interested. In my retirement plan, I’d like to have a small club here in Detroit."


She already has a name picked out "It would be Aretha’s!"


She continues,"From time to time I would sing, and of course, I would have special artists come in to perform for the city that people in Detroit like — Detroit favorites."


The 'Aretha's' has a nice ring to it!!!

Barcelona Disaster


A white van crashed  into a packed summer crowd this evening in Barcelona's historic Las Ramblas district. Barcelona police confirmed it was a terror attack. Officials said 13 people were killed and more than 100 injured.
The Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack. The terror group has frequently declared that it was behind terrorist incidents in recent years, but experts have warned their claims should be treated with caution.
 
Two suspects were arrested. Police later said the driver was still on the run.
Police shot dead a third man who drove at officers at a checkpoint. It was not clear whether he was connected to the Las Ramblas attack.
One of the arrested men was named as Driss Oukabir. He is suspected of renting the van, but later denied involvement and reportedly said his documents had been stolen.

The afternoon attack in the northeastern Spanish city was the country's deadliest since 2004, when al-Qaida-inspired bombers killed 192 people in coordinated attacks on Madrid's commuter trains.
 
It left victims sprawled out in the street, spattered with blood or crippled by broken limbs. Others fled in panic, screaming or carrying young children in their arms. As witnesses and emergency workers tried to help the wounded, police brandishing hand guns launched a search of side streets looking for suspects.
State-owned broadcaster RTVE reported that investigators think two vans were used - one for the attack and a second as a getaway vehicle.
 
Las Ramblas, a street of stalls and shops that cuts through the center of Barcelona, is one of the city's top tourist destinations. People walk down a wide, pedestrian path in the center of the street while cars can travel on either side.
The Spanish royal household said on Twitter: “They are murderers, nothing more than criminals who are not going to terrorise us. All of Spain is Barcelona. Las Ramblas will go back to being everyone’s.”
 
U.S. President Donald Trump said: "The United States condemns the terror attack in Barcelona, Spain, and will do whatever is necessary to help."
He added: "Be tough & strong, we love you!"

Carol Augustin, a manager at La Palau Moja, an 18th-century place on Las Ramblas that houses government offices and a tourism information center, said the van passed right in front of the building.
 
"We saw everything. People started screaming and running into the office. It was such a chaotic situation. There were families with children. The police made us close the doors and wait inside," she said.
While full details of the incident were not immediately clear, since July 2016 vehicles have been used to ram into crowds in a series of militant attacks across Europe, killing well over 100 people in Nice, Berlin, London and Stockholm.

Monday, August 14, 2017

Well Now

Love ...


This Mother and Son bond is LOVE

Halle 51


51 - Happy Birthday Baby.  Halle Berry former former Beauty Queen and Academy Award Winning actress/producer turns 51 today.  The ageless beauty continues to defy the aging process and is STILL a banger and STILL contending, successfully WINNNG!



Friday, August 11, 2017

TGIF


The 'wait' process always proves the most challenging, in that stillness, evolution occurs. #TGIF

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Glen Campbell


DAMN - Legendary Singer, Actor, Arranger, Songwriter, Producer GLEN CAMPBELL transitioned today.  Campbell's life was something straight out of a movie.  He did it all,  battled it all.  'Lineman For The County' , By The Time I Get To Phoenix' and 'Gentle On My Mind' were my favorite selections, but his entire body of work, was extraordinary.    The country music singer Glen Campbell died Tuesday morning after a long battle with Alzheimer's disease. He was 81.


A source close to his family said the singer died around 10 a.m. Tuesday in a Nashville facility for Alzheimer’s patients.Over the course of his 50-year career, Campbell released more than 70 albums and had a series of hits including “Gentle on My Mind,” “Wichita Lineman,” “Galveston,” “Country Boy” and his best-selling single, “Rhinestone Cowboy.”


His family released the following statement:


It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of our beloved husband, father, grandfather, and legendary singer and guitarist, Glen Travis Campbell, following his long and courageous battle with Alzheimer's disease.


Campbell's wife, Kim, and daughter, Ashley, were on Good Day LA in June to discuss the singer's farewell album "AdiĆ³s" and shared with us their favorite Glen Campbell song.  Today sadly a part of music died.



Returning ...

Late-night talk show legend David Letterman is joining the Netflix brigade.

The streaming video giant announced Tuesday that the former CBS “Late Show” host has signed on to do a six-episode talk show that will premiere in 2018.

It will be Letterman's first series since retiring from late-night TV in May 2015 after a 33-year run across two networks. The 69-year-old comic’s only TV job since has been as host of an episode of National Geographic Channel’s “Years of Living Dangerously.”

“I feel excited and lucky to be working on this project for Netflix,” Letterman said in a statement. “Here's what I have learned, if you retire to spend more time with your family, check with your family first. Thanks for watching, drive safely.”

In the new series, which does not yet have a name, Letterman will conduct one in-depth interview with a guest per hourlong episode and will appear in segments produced outside a studio setting.

The show is being produced by RadicalMedia, which made the Netflix documentary “What Happened, Miss Simone?” and special “Oh, Hello on Broadway,” and by Letterman’s company Worldwide Pants.






Sunday, August 6, 2017

GOD Is


I love GOD!!! GOD is Love.  Thank You Heavenly Father for Loving me, Keeping me.  I'm a work in progress. With GOD I'm able to do all things. Please continue to protect me on my Journey. Amen

Kevin's Journey


Still Rising - Still Grinding - Knighton

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Let's Go


As Trevor Siemian struggles at Broncos training camp, second-year quarterback Paxton Lynch hasn’t been consistent enough to run away with the starting job.

Both of Denver’s quarterbacks have had up-and-down performances in camp, at times drawing criticism from coach Vance Joseph. A front-runner may emerge once preseason begins and Siemian and Lynch start playing in actual games, but the trend of camp thus far has been interceptions followed by more interceptions.


That has led Darren McKee, co-host of “The Drive” on 104.3 The Fan in Denver, to say that it’s time for the Broncos to sign free agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick. “This QB play is unacceptable,” McKee said on Wednesday.

“This QB play is unacceptable,” McKee said on Wednesday.

Former Broncos slot receiver and fellow radio host Brandon Stokley suggested that offensive coordinator Mike McCoy could build the team’s offense around Kaepernick’s strengths.

“If the Broncos bring in Kaepernick, they can design a zone-read offense that works for both him and Paxton Lynch,” Stokley said.

Lynch has been more mobile in training camp than Siemian, and he’s already run a few zone-read plays at practice. If McCoy tailored his offense to Kaepernick’s strengths — something he did successfully with Tim Tebow — Lynch could take over the offense when he’s ready.

Denver was interested in Kaepernick last offseason and tried to trade for him when he was still employed by the 49ers. Broncos general manager John Elway wanted Kaepernick to take a significant pay cut, something the veteran quarterback was unwilling to do.

Denver went on to select Lynch in the first round of last year’s NFL draft, and Elway told the media that the team’s pursuit of Kaepernick had ended. With Lynch unable to run away with the starting job, though, perhaps the Broncos would consider Kaepernick once again.

When asked about Kaepernick in March, Elway said he “never says never” before adding that the team would likely go in a different direction at quarterback. Denver selected Chad Kelly with the final pick of this year’s draft and signed Kyle Sloter as an undrafted free agent. Kelly and Sloter aren’t competing for the starting job, though. Kaepernick would be.


Wednesday, August 2, 2017