Friday, December 30, 2011

Numb/TGIF

Hello everyone, trusting that your Holiday Season have been filled with lots of joy and happiness. I've been away from quite sometime, basically dealing with life, and the many obstacles, that this journey can take you upon. Most times I try to take you on the excursion of the glass being half full, but sometimes is empty. Today is all about my walk of 2011, that started in April. Most of you know that I'm a California resident, but as life happens out of nowhere I felt the call from above taking me to Louisiana the state that my grandparents reside in, I felt that I was needed to help my family members out, unfortunately I was a literally a day late, my grandmother made her transition, the day before I arrived. God gives us signs and your sixth sense is your own intuition, now if you choose to overlook that message, basically you have no one to blame but self. With the loss of my grandmother, relationships that I thought were secured, comforting and built on solid ground literally crumbled before my very eyes. Originally my goal was to visit and take care of my grandmother and brother both who were in the midst of their own personal storms.

For anyone who are walking in similar shoes, I encourage to you ask questions, about family structure, security, Wills and the hard question of DNR(Do Not Resuscitate), these two matters should be addressed when life is good and the inevitable isn't on the table. This summer I experienced jealousy, betrayal and hate and by the grace of God, I triumphed over all. The lesson is that people will try to still your joy, and challenge the core of who you are, in the interim of life's adjustments, you must cling to your faith, and hold strong to your beliefs. Strength can be envied, and resented. Most people are followers which is fine, but your story is yours alone, never allow another to write your ending.

I say closure is the beginning of blessings to come, with that said, I encourage you to do your own housekeeping and in that housekeeping, forgiveness should be at the top of your list, that way none of your blessings will be blocked. To my grandmother, I will never forget you, and I am so grateful, that I had you in my life for four decades, and with each step I take, I walk it a little stronger because of your strength. I forgive my brother, my grandfather and my cousin, who all taught me valuable lessons that will help make me a stronger person for many life times to come.

Happy NEW YEAR and May God Bless you all, I pray for nothing but the best to come your way, and whatever dream that you may have, or desire, please know that its only a star away, thankfully wishes are still free.

What Are You Doing With Your Life?

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back Kevin....I've missed you...and I need to know DETAILS about your TGIF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great TGIF Kev'. .... How I've missed you and your way with words.

    JDB

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true so true. I love that ur a "better out than in" person :-) There will always be something in the glass bcz we are His! Hallelujah 

    ReplyDelete