Thursday, February 18, 2016

Come back Lisa Nicole ...


Flashback - They were a memorable duo on one of the hottest TV shows of the late '90s: Calista Flockhart as the winsome and lovesick lawyer Ally McBeal and Lisa Nicole Carson, who played her curvy and confident roommate and sidekick, D.A. Renee Raddick. 

Now, more than a decade after the show ended, Flockhart is speaking out in support of Carson's decision to open up about her bipolar disorder. 

"I think she is brave for telling her story but then again I always thought she was brave about everything," Flockhart tells PEOPLE. "I love her truly, madly and deeply." 

Flockhart also raves about her costar's talent. "Lisa Nicole is so gifted and beautiful; such an extraordinary talent. Her uniqueness gave a vitality to every scene." 

Of their quirky chemistry, she adds, "She was always dog-loyal and she made me laugh 'til I thought I would explode. I cherish her friendship." 

Carson, 46, who first shared her story in Essence in June, talks about her bipolar diagnosis in depth for the first time to PEOPLE magazine.

Flockhart is not the only Ally McBeal costar to speak out in support of Carson. Peter MacNicol, who played eccentric lawyer John Cage on the show, told PEOPLE magazine, "Lisa was a rare performer: a triple threat, a highly gifted singer, actress, and I would add comedienne. I worked with her not only as a fellow performer but directed Lisa as well in several episodes. I mean I pointed the camera at her and watched her be damn near perfect every time." 


No comments:

Post a Comment