Sunday, July 9, 2017

Revisited ...

TIMELESS - Growing up 'Good Times' by Chic was the summer anthem of 79. My parents were grooving and in turn, I learned how to get my groove on.  'My Feet Keep Dancing', 'My Forbidden Lover' 'A Warm Summer Night' were my cuts. Nile Rogers and Bernard Edwards were the big time producers everything they touched turned Platinum for Diana Ross, Debbie Harry, David Bowie and Sisters Sledge.

'Risque' was pack deep with delicious bangers and sexy seduction.  Lucy Martin and Alfa Anderson were the eye candy that captivated our visuals.



The American band that was organized during 1976 by guitarist Nile Rodgers and bassist Bernard Edwards. Its commercially successful disco songs include "Dance, Dance, Dance (Yowsah, Yowsah, Yowsah)" (1977), "Everybody Dance" (1977), "Le Freak" (1978), "I Want Your Love" (1978), "Good Times" (1979), and "My Forbidden Lover" (1979). The group regarded themselves as a rock band for the disco movement "that made good on hippie peace, love and freedom".  In 2017, Chic was nominated for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for the eleventh time.

No comments:

Post a Comment