Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Adele a great singer, but NOT best


Let me classify this first.  I'm a fan of Adele.  I love that she digs Black culture, hence the men that she choose to give her goodies too.  I have her 19 and 21 projects and I sincerely dig them both.  I have yet to purchased 25.  The media tends to jump on the next 'it' thing and pretty much dictates as to what we should listen to or believe.  Thankfully I have my own mind and I have great ears to spot what great talent and voices sound like. When you're spoon feeding me the belief that Adele is the best female singer EVER, clearly it's time for me to exit the bus.  That's night a idealogy that I can support when artist such as Ella Fitzgerald, Aretha Franklin, Judy Garland, Barbara Streisand, Whitney Houston,Celine Dion, Christina Aguilera, Wynonna Judd, Renee' Olstead, Gladys Knight, Helen Terry, Amy Winehouse, Chante Moore, Minnie Riperton, Patsy Cline, Tamia, Chaka Khan, Alison Moyet, Coko, Cyndi Lauper, Lisa Fischer, Ledisi, Keke Wyatt, Mariah Carey, Patti LaBelle, Yolanda Adams, Karen Clarke exist and too many other unsung heroines to mention.

Adele clearly not the greatest voice or greatest album in the history of music, but I dig her offerings, just not drinking from thefountain brand of Kool-Aid, that the simple minded mass media would have you to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment