Thursday, March 12, 2020

So Hard to Say Goodbye ....



Grandfather for so long, you were my Hero, my Favorite for everything.  When I got the call today, about your passing, so many emotions rushed through my mind.  I'm left with nothing  but memories of a time gone by.  Life is all about the encounters and the lessons, learned along the way.  With each breathe that I take, I owe a large part of that to you.  Regret exists too, but nothing trumps the impact that we provided one another.  I rest in comfort today, knowing that at 95 years of age, you surpassed your three scores and ten.  You are with Grandmother Oleava, where you so wanted to be, for the last nine years.  To merely exist without her, was the most heartbreaking thing, to watch.  I know that we will meet again, I know that you will come to me, in my dreams, to let me know that you're well, that we're back to the  place, that we use to be, and most al,l to let me know that you're FINALLY at home, at peace and resting still.  Wherever you may roam, I roam with you, I remember you, I will always love and miss you.  Kiss Grandmother for me.  Peaceful Journey

1 comment:

  1. Strength in heart & mind 💙
    rest in eternal peace

    ReplyDelete