Friday, November 19, 2010

Fleeting Moments/TGIF

Happy Friday,
Weighing in, a smoker, quit smoking for years, gets dealt a hand of lung cancer, you win that battle, a routine doctors appointment forces you into another surgery that must happen today, but I'm not ready, who will watch my house, what about my job, my children, this can't be happening to me, I paid attention to all the warning signs, it's not fair, it's NOT FAIR, but this is the damn reality, and I know that it's not by design, here again at this impasse, why?

Making mistakes we must take ownership, the curve was a setback, not a defining moment. Learn from that incident, and walk away with your integrity in tact, others can't cultivate you into the image to fit their need, you are your own motivation, the life lesson is actually teaching and setting examples. This week, I paid a costly mistake, which cost me a potential job, if you don't address matters , they can haunt you, but honesty is the best way to address matters, today I know this fact to be true, twenty five years ago, I would've tucked my head in shame. Isn't wisdom and growth amazing?

Honoring Thanksgiving, both situations that I just covered, owes their strength to God, a isolated incident, we get through them never on our own, the beauty of life, it gives us a certain resilience that challenges the most difficult of situations, forcing us to reach deep into our souls pushing us to produce, taking ancillary things and looking at the important matters that hit closest to home, insisting that we address the problem NOW. Its harvest time once again, we must extend and lend our hands to those in need. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

What Are You Doing With Your Life?

7 comments:

  1. it's uncanny how I can relate to your second paragraph, a good connect.. Cheers! to you in this season of Gratitude!-mb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your emails every Friday.
    Lisa Carter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harvest time indeed my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was/is right on time. this is exactly how I'm feeling today. what jumped out to me (amongst others things)was "learn from that incident and walk away with your integrity in tact, others can't cultivate you into the image to tit their need. you are your own motivation, the life lesson is actually teaching and setting examples. I'm going to sit with this today in hopes that it will guide me and bring me peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said my friend...hope all is well.
    I never know if these are personal testaments or you sharing from experience. Nonetheless the reality of your words is so visual and east to disgest into my spirit.
    LG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kevin you've always been cool, and I what I love about you is always your honesty no matter what the cost, so keep sharing your stories. we your follower's are on board.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bruh this was right on time, you always seem to have a way with that. Thanks for always keeping it real. I know that it must humbles you to be so revealing.
    Keep doing what you do.
    Your boy,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete