Friday, November 12, 2010

Tender Mercies/TGIF

Happy Friday everyone,
We cling and grasp, as we inquire not always knowing if the answer will ever reveal itself, but we continue on, and that's about taking a leap of faith, Tender mercies are something that we've all faced in our lives or witnessed through another eyes. It's a scary place to be, and it's hard to address our fears, emotions are what make us human, and the bond that connects us to one another, is most essential.

I watched the Oprah Winfrey show a few weeks ago, and I could not move, the episode was so compelling, especially when you think that you're the only person in the world who has dealt with molestation, I never think you quite figure out the makings of a monster, once you've battle the guilt, you must champion on to tell your story, addressing doesn't always free you, and the innocence that you once had was stolen from you, owning your truth strengthens you against the enemy, and it allows you to provide a softer landing to someone who can't speak. I still have awkward moments, and truthfully, it's something that I've locked away or so I thought. When you love someone your focus is on their every move, and if you're in tuned, you can see it, now the bigger question, is do you really want to see it? Harsh realities reveal that Daddy, Mother, Uncle, Aunts, people of the cloth, next door neighbors are not always as innocent as they seem, but society hides their secret and paint them ‘normal’ and ‘worthy’. If your child is distant and removed, your job is to investigate. Not addressing it makes you a monster too.

It's your responsibility to know who you let into your child's life it is your duty, no matter who it is. If your child tells you something, LISTEN to them, females wake up, stop selling yourself short, with the dreams that he loves you, but just can't seem to find a way to be present and constructive, men who were molested it doesn't make you a punk, nor weak, keeping the secret makes you weak.. Children are vulnerable and at your mercy, if you don't want them, be the mature person and take the proper steps to ensure that a pregnancy does not occur. Feeling ashamed only keeps you angry, caged and bitter. Always know that the part you played was very small, even for the person who may have enjoyed it, when traumatic experiences happened, mentally your mind has checked out a long time ago. Even so it's still not your blame. Know who you let into your life and it's especially important who you introduce your children too. Remember children are tender, because they are at your mercy.

What Are You Doing With Your Life?

16 comments:

  1. P O W E R F U L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin this is my story too, as I sit her eating my breakfast I'm weeping. My mother never understood me, I told her that my daddy would come into my room at night. She resented me for all of my life, when she passed away she was bitter, I was angry. We never got resolve anything. My father walks this earth a saint and I'm raw inside.
    Cassie M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn kid, you put yourself out that like that, a very bold move. I hope it helps, I was never molested, if I were i would kill the muthafucker. if your parents didn't protect you, God will deal with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen..protect your children God gifts them to you.
    JDB

    ReplyDelete
  5. You r not alone. Thank you for standing up. Oprah show didn't reveal ALL the darkness,but television never does.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The devil is a liar, the more we share our stories the closer we are to the world that God wants us to livve in. Let's pray for our children and yes even the MONSTERS as you put it. God forgives. Its time to heal.
    Michelle C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Year TGIF was deep. And oh so true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that show was deep and VERY over due. I hope it helps a lot of men and women not to let iy over take their life. Wow

    Don't Tell God how big your storm is, Tell the storm how BIG your GOD is!!!!

    Raina O.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are truly being utilized by God. Your mission is to serve and educate.

    Juan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very moving and motivating. My son shows all the signs that you wrote about. How do I proceed? What if its nothing. I'm shy maybe he is too. I'm afraid.
    ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. truth is never pretty,youre vessel. appreciate your gift. nevin

    ReplyDelete
  12. I watched Oprah today, and you hit it on the head. Such pain so much to endure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. keep we get back to light easy uplifting Feidays?
    toooooo hard to deal with

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oprah did get the conversation started, but I think it's a ongoing conversation, and musch therapy and

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for your wonderful words you hit the nail on head and I'm so eternally grateful, to have a person put my thoughts into words. I'm trying to figure it all out, and hopefully my demons can be set free.
    Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  16. I figured you wouldn't get a lot of esponses because people can't handle the truth, I so appreciate you telling your sotry. I must admit that I was shocked when I read it, because normally you're such a private person,God is truly utilizing your walk.
    Mona

    ReplyDelete