Thursday, March 10, 2011

Command Performance


Bill Withers a constant classic. This song is a staple for me, one for the simple reason that as a child growing up, my grandmother did all the things that this song reminisces about. She provided a very safe canvas for me to land. Bills approach to this song is very soothing as he takes you on a nice stroll down memory lane, and how lucky are we to have this lovely memory. Lastly if you listen closely, you'll hear where Black Street's "No Diggity" came from. Enjoy

3 comments:

  1. I loved Grandma too. This was a lovely way to wake this morning. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my friend Jackie loved this song, and at the time I couldn't really appreciate it, but years later when Gladys Knight recorded it, I was older, plus at the time my grandmother had recently passed, it hit me like a ton of bricks.
    Thanks for the post, I'm sad but this is happy memory. RIP Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Grandma and your hands are as beautiful as ever. Thanks for loving me sooooooooooooooooooooo much.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete