Sunday, March 25, 2012

Venus Williams Vows To Return To The Top


It's true! Venus Williams has vowed to rise again after her illness!

She has been diagnosed with an incurable illness called Sjogren's syndrome, which affects energy levels and causes pain in the joints.

Here's what she said:

"I just didn't feel well before my second-round match, to the point where I couldn't play. At the beginning of the tournament, I wasn't sure how far I would get or what I would do, I was kind of living on a hope and a dream.When you don't feel well and things are taken away from you, it's hard to stay positive. But, for me, it is not an option to get negative or to feel sorry for myself. It's easy to say, 'I've done enough' -- or it would be easy to go on a permanent vacation. But I need to look back and know that I gave everything. I know I still have so much more. Before I was sick I was on top of the world in singles and doubles. So that's my goal, to return to that.

"I'm looking forward to coming back. Sjogren's syndrome definitely changed my life, it changed everything. It changed how I eat, it changed my whole life."

Here's her plan of action to manage her disease:

"I don't think the road will be perfect, but I think I can get it as close to perfect as possible. My hope is to be symptom-free one day. I work with my doctors on that, but also I work on my diet, which I've found has been huge. With Sjogren's you deal with a lot of fatigue and joint pain and inflammation. It's because of the things I'm eating. I've started eating raw, vegan, unprocessed foods, doing lots of juicing, I juice twice a day. I drink wheatgrass. For me, it's worth doing everything I can to get back to what I love doing."

Venus you've always been my favorite so I'm ROOTING for you! Kevin K.

1 comment: