Friday, February 27, 2009

Stand/TGIF

Happy Friday Everyone,

Another week down. Ash Wednesday has come and gone. When you think about what was sacrificed so that 'we' as a people could exist. That's the forum, I want to speak on today. What are you willing to give up? say for forty days. A good or bad habit, can be put into place, in as little as 21 days. To sacrifice, means to do without, are you willing to do that for a greater good. It's easy to stay in your 'comfort zone' and not be present with things that can be corrected.

Just like the New York post allowed the 'chimpanzee' cartoon to run, or the 'No Easter Egg Hunt This Year ' email. What was the sacrifice? We've come too far as a people, and a country to not take accountability. Simple apologies, will just not do, for poor behavior. We should not reward bad taste, and poor judgement.You can apply that your daily life, and outlook.

We've all done things that we're not proud of, ownership speaks volumes about your character. Think what GOD gave up for us. To sacrifice something for growth, will give birth to humility. To realize this fete wont be easy, it's much tougher than it seems. What are you, willing to give up?

I know that I can be prejudiced, impatient and deeply opinionated with my strong convictions. Am I proud of that? No, but I can own my issues. As a people, we can seek wisdom and understanding. All are works in progress.

Again, for the next 40 days, what are you willing to sacrifice, for growth?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7qBq7cJg_s

P.S.S. The Game airs Friday nights on The CW network. Check your local listings for air times, in your area.

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog, and I am really enjoying your words. This is a great find.

    ReplyDelete