Friday, March 13, 2009

I Try/TGIF

Hello All,

Happy Friday to you.
Daylights savings time, came, and NO ONE TOLD ME.....ugh. I woke up Sunday wondering what happened. As if life is not moving fast enough, now I've lost a hour.

I moved to Los Angeles, because I had a dream, like so many others before me. Am I on course with my career plans, hmmm NO. Am I still in the game?..YES!!. Some people are afraid to dream. Seems that someone is always there to rain on you parade. Could it be jealousy or envy?
To dream, and yes some say dreams are a form of escapism, be it a dream while sleeping or a goal oriented idea. They both tell a story of stimuli. Life is built on status and achievements. Is it wrong to wanting the finer things in life? When we get status, does it makes us happy? Not always. Does it change us?

No one gets there alone, when you achieve wealth, success, and fame. Most people think the achievement came easily, but its never really that easy. Much sacrifice and discipline, play a major part in getting there. Dreams don't always consist of monetary gain. Personal fulfillment, cannot be equaled in cash dividends. To start a project and see it into fruition is gratifying.

Recently I went to a friend's retirement party. Taking the stroll through his years of achievements, and work experiences, personal and professional friendships were built, a bond was created. To see life through a arch, you will see high's and low's. During the lean years, I think most will agree, that growth happens more from the struggles. Happy times are just that, happy. Why does wisdom come, when you are conflicted?

I say dare to dream, in this day of a bad economy, a dream is 'still' free. Never let anyone steal your joy, stand UP on your own, whatever the obstacle, Worst cause scenario, maybe you wont attain the exact happy ending, but you will land some place greater than mediocrity. Life deals you a hand....what you do with it, is totally up to you.

What are you doing with your life?




P.S.S. 'The Game' returns tonight on the CW. TUNE IN!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Kevin,

    I do read ALL of your emails. It's like attending church without getting out of bed early and without the choir or having to give money.

    I,myself had a dream I dreamt of being in my last days. Reflecting on my life present and past though this sounds depressing what I got from it was hope for the future. It let me know that it's not late to change what I don't like in the dream.

    I woke up it was four o'clock in the morning I pick up my cell phone and called out sick. I spent the day buying art supplies in Santa Monica return home and drew. It was A beautiful day.

    Your words are not falling on deaf ears.

    Shalom,

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete