Monday, July 30, 2012

Always Be My Baby ...


Dearest Whitney,

I listened to "Saving All My Love For You" this past week, and I got the same feelings that I felt 28 years ago.  You captured my heart and the love never wavered.  You came to me at a time in my life when I really needed you, and your artistry helped to shape my children into adulthood, you basically saved my life.  When you came on the scene you became my favorite singer replacing Ella Fitzgerald, Gladys Knight and Teena Marie,  all of whom I placed into my Hall of Fame.  Your voice and delivery was something that touched my soul, and gave me feelings in a way that only you could do.  I'll never forget you, and the unconditional love that we shared.  Rest easy my princess, until next week .... I'll be seeing you.

16 comments:

  1. I will always love this gorgeous lady, and unfortunately, I have to forever miss her now that she's gone.
    Dorian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. life will never be the same without Whitney and the music world is still mourning her loss.
      mathias

      Delete
  2. Loving and missing you Whitney. My heart is still broken.

    Scott A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love and miss her too. She will never leave my heart.
      Christina

      Delete
    2. I will always love Whitney, she's always in my heart.Stevie!!

      Delete
  3. Great picture and a nicely written letter of love. I miss her too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love Whitney she will forever remain the queen of my heart.
    Calvin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ calvin she will forever remain in my heart too, she was truly one of a kind.
      Jackson

      Delete
  5. Love you Whitney - cant wait to see you in Sparkle. Celebrate is a fun song.
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parkling eyes with a fantastic voice. Whitney was the truth.
      U will never b forgotten!
      Ashleigh

      Delete
  6. the very best to ever do what she did when when set foot on stage. Whitney was the greatest voice of all time.
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still can't believe that she's gone, so beautiful, so talented and so trouble.d. Not a good cominations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She will always be a princess in my book, she will forever be the #1 lady of voice. I hope that she's at peace. She deserves a restful sleep.
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  9. great picture, where do broken hearts go, she was so lovely in that video. so many great memories that i'll treasure forever.
    Jaye

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angels flying high in the sky, Whitney is in good company and now at peace, the peace that she deserves.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete