Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Rest In Peace!!

Rest In Peace Ms. Juanita Moore who is probaly best remembered as 'Annie Johnson' the mother of 'Sara Jane'  in the classic movie 'Imitation Of Life'.  That movie was one of my grandmother and my mom's all time favorites. She passed away today, she was 99 years old. Thanks Ms. Moore for blazing the trail and for opening doors for other African American actresses, that had it not been for you, might have remained closed. Your memory and your body of work will not be forgotten, and will live on forever. Wishing you a Peaceful Journey!

Gorgeous as ever until the end.

6 comments:

  1. Annie Johnson role as Sara Jane's mom. I loved that movie. She was amazing in that role. Rest In Peace Juanita Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy this day is starting off on the wrong foot, first Uncle Phil and now Annie Johnson. May the best find comforting peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just breaks my heart. She was very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very familiar with this movie. i feel bad to admit that I didnt know her name. Quite frankly I assumed that she had passed away years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms. Moore broke a lot of barriers for African-American actors. She was the fifth black actor to be nominated for an Academy Award for her role in "Imitation of Life". A lot of people who are working today and making gazillions of dollars in Hollywood stand upon her shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir. I look to you for your insight.

      Delete