Thursday, December 3, 2015

STILL loving King James


LeBron James has come very close to bringing home an NBA championship to his home state, but unfortunately has fallen short. His drive and determination to bring the crown to Cleveland, though, is stronger than ever.
The 30-year-old (who celebrates a birthday at the end of the month) two-time NBA champion is handsomely gracing the cover of Sports Illustrated magazine’s newest cover.  New mustache and all.

Inside, the NBA baller gives an in-depth interview about how he plans to bring home a championship now that he's returned to the Cleveland Cavaliers after playing for the Miami Heat for four years. Y’all know how much ish he went through when he decided to leave Cleveland, but now, he’s trying to finish what he started with his home team.
King James has already logged more minutes in his career than Magic Johnson or Larry Bird, but instead of pacing himself, he is pushing to get that NBA title. He almost brought it home for the 2014-2015 season, but the Golden State Warriors proved to be the better team. In the cover story, he spills it all about his championship obsession:

“Coming back has been everything I thought,” he says, 16 months later, “only a lot harder. I can’t tell you it’s been comfortable. But that’s O.K. I don’t really like to be comfortable.”
While he said coming back to play in Cleveland has been uncomfortable, the city still shows him mad love. The proud husband and father of three explained,
“There is a comfort and a shadow and a protection here. This city protects me and my family. I can’t explain it, but when I was a kid and I’d walk the streets or be out late or play on outdoor courts, I felt like people were watching me and thinking, Let’s protect him. I could feel that. I still feel it.”
Well, it's nice to hear the fans are embracing him again, especially after how they (and owner Dan Gilbert) turned on him when he decided to leave for the Heat. It was horrid and we're actually surprised he decided to return.

All of that is behind him now. King James said he has put in the work during the off-season and is now ready to bring home an NBA title for himself, his teammates and his city. You can read his full in-depth interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment