Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Elle recognizes ...



Strength - *Former MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry has joined Elle.com, where she will serve as editor at large, reports TVNewser.

Elle.com editorial director Leah Chernikoff says Harris-Perry “will focus on the intersection of race, gender, politics, and yes, even fashion, telling the often-overlooked stories of women and of color.

“Joining Elle.com is an opportunity to combine my expertise as a scholar, my commitments as a public intellectual, and my interests as a woman,” Harris-Perry said in a statement. “Politics, economics, and inequality will be important to the stories we tell, but so too will culture, community, family, and even fashion. I am thrilled to tell my loyal television audience where they can find me and to introduce myself to brand new audiences, all while telling the stories of extraordinary women and girls.”

Harris-Perry left MSNBC after an internal memo became public in February. In the memo, Harris-Perry accused NBC News chairman Andy Lack and MSNBC president Phil Griffin of taking away her weekend morning discussion program. “I will not be used as a tool for their purposes,” she wrote. “I am not a token, mammy, or little brown bobble head.”

Harris-Perry’s first column, about HBO’s film “Confirmation,” was published Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment