Sunday, April 24, 2016

Prince was Here ...


'Do you know how many hits I got' - PRINCE

The stage was set, the Superdome building  in New Orleans was colored Purple, that's when I realized what my friends Annias Bernstine, Sharon Green, Rahsaan Patterson Chucky Hughes and Melanie Taylor knew All along, that I was truly in the presence of Royalty, where respect must be given.

Prince was the Friday night headliner and the crowd went bananas.  The diehard fans kept screaming out titles of different songs, Prince quoted that now infamous line 'Do You Know How Many Hits I Got' so
That's the line I'll remember most from the musical GENIUS.  He teased and taunted the sold out crowd, as he performed various selections from his musical catalog.   PRINCE turned out The ESSENCE Superdome Friday night  July 4-2014.  Immediately upon learning his fate on Thursday, my heart immediately went out to my family, I knew that they would never be the same, because for as long as I could remember, Prince was always a part of their life, which in turn, made him a part of my life, whether we debated on who was greater, or when would groove to one of his selections, of my being so absurdly bold, as to try and turn a die-hard Prince fan on to a rare Prince song 'Dont Play Me' only to be set straight.  LoL  Annias, Sharon, Rahsaan and Melanie, I get your loss, tak by our time, mourn, remember, reflect, react, heal ... The whole realm of loss, because I truly understand.  Thanks for sharing your musical unconditional love  of for Prince with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment