Friday, April 27, 2012

Memories/TGIF

Happy Friday Everyone ....
A stroll through the park walking with the one you love, instantly gives you such a warm fuzzy set of memories often to last you a lifetime. We travel through time like we're in a space odyssey. Most live a conservative life, and some live their life on the edge. I've always been a person who was young at heart, I think it has been a big plus for me, with the way that I view things, I could easily venture further and say that maturity came late for me, well more so responsibility came late. Taking risks has the greatest rewards when it works, but when the risk doesn't work you tumble, and the fall isn't so easy to rebound from. Growing up I wanted to always be viewed as the 'fun' guy. In your early twenties you're walking around with rose colored glasses, and the friendships, jobs, and love life, basically everything is new, you want to take on the world, you're gullible, as you embark on the many mistakes and wrong turns. The beauty of it all, is that mistakes can be corrected, wisdom comes with growth, and we're all better for having participated in every stage of the journey.

Life passes and we have to bask in the moment and be grateful for the life that we're afforded, as bad as it may seem at times, the better life is yours in comparison to other parts of the world. This week was my mother's birthday, I went to her burial place, as I placed flowers on her grave,I had such peace in freely talking to her in ways that I have never experienced since her passing, I found myself talking for what seemed like hours, my feelings were to bring her up to speed on me and to share that her baby had grown up, and the experience was so freeing that It kind of scared me, but in a genuinely good way. As I got back in my car and drove away, it was like a weight was lifted, and for a brief moment, it was like I had my Mom back in the capacity in which I had her in the physical during her time here on earth. The moment that had just transpired was very heavy, yet light, I was filled with gratitude, and I was flushed with memories of our life together, and I realized how blessed and fortunate that I was to have that abundance in my life.

Take time out to focus on the defying moments of your life, and zone into isolated memories that have brought you joy, bask in that thought exercise, and try to envision what made them great and with each experience, as you go forth think the unthinkable thought, of this may just be as good as it gets, because everything unique that has brought you to this point is a priceless memory that doesn't come with a monetary tag on it.

What Are You Doing With Your Life?

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your Mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so personal, Kev....my goodness..and what a sweet, sexy song choice...muy bien....thank you for sharing your honor of your mom with me...touching and far reaching...agape, my friend mb

    ReplyDelete