Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Missing You ...


1993 - Billboard Music Awards.  It was Whitney Houston's night she won a 'staggering' 11 coveted Billboard Awards.  I was lucky enough to be in attendance that night, to witness her bring the house down with 'I Have Nothing' the capacity crowd leap to our feet with a thunderous ovation.  Moments like that, made it so easy to fall in love with Houston.  She was a singer who without gimmicks had the goods.  Awards shows today IMO are lacking iconic LIVE raw talent.  Its hard to believe that today marks the 3 year anniversary of her passing.  I can honestly say that my soul hasn't been the same.  

Witness below her ICONIC performance of 'I Have Nothing'.   At the top of her game ... very few could compete with.  RIP Whitney ... You're always in my heart. 


(http://youtu.be/ipQ0fE0MRWQ)

No comments:

Post a Comment