Thursday, February 18, 2010

I'm Just Saying...


The color of the medal mattered, not the color of his skin. All Shani Davis was thinking about was gold. With a furious kick on the final lap Wednesday, Davis stuck his skate across the line and won his second straight Olympic title in 1,000-meter speed skating, the first skater to win this event twice at the Winter Games.

“That race depleted me 100 percent,” he said. “I never want to leave anything on the track.” “Those last 200, 300 meters were very difficult,” said Davis, who usually leaves his left arm on his back until the final straightaway. “I was just trying to carry my speed. I could feel it leaving me. It doesn’t matter what it looks like, just as long as you get across the line as quick as you could.”
When he won this race four years ago, Davis became the first African-American athlete to win an individual gold at the Winter Games. This time, he simply wanted to be known for his skating.

“When you’re a world champion or an Olympic champion, you get this little thing on your back called a target,” Davis said. “To go out there and win the 1,000 meters twice is truly amazing. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Golf Superstar Tiger Woods will break his silence tomorrow at a press conference about his infidelity. Tiger you're a brave man, if it were me, I'd say stay the phuck out my business. If his gold digging hussy wifey is willing to take him back, who are we to judge? THERE I SAID IT!!! LOL Everytime I say something positive about Woods, I get so much mail from females who think that I must creep too, well you're WRONG!!

Mr. little pee pee Levi Johnston is headed to court. Sarah Palin's daughter Bristol is taking her scum ex-boyfriend to meet the judge. Apparently he owes his monthly child support payments of $1,688.42. Levi posed for Playgirl magazine, I'm sure he made some kind of money. Don't be a deadbeat Father.

Actor Nicolas Cage is blaming his accountant on his financial woes. Well Nicky baby, it's up to you for pay attention to your OWN money. In Hollywood it's a charmed life. Most people will never see a 20 million dollar paycheck. Your life is a charmed one, but seriously if you can't budget five hundred dollars, how the hell are you going to budget 20 million. I don't feel sorry for him. Hopefully next go round you'll be wiser about what you're doing with your money.

Jermaine JD Dupri has come up with what could turn out to be a pretty good idea. He’s recruited Usher, Robin Thicke, Tyrese and Trey Songz for a cover version of Quincy Jones’ classic 1989 smash hit “The Secret Garden (Sweet Seduction Suite).” The late great Barry White's voice will still be a part of the record, which is genius, only glitch, I wouldn't use Thicke, why not Rahsaan Patterson, Kenny Lattimore or Eric Benet? The remake will appear on Q's next CD release.

Wouldn't it be amazing if Foxy Brown, Lil Kim, Missy, Mary J and Eve got together to remake the Hip Hop classic 'Ladies Night'? All of those ladies are in need of a hit. Put your petty differences aside and get the money.

Late night talk show hostess Mo'Nique continues to step her game up. Once you get past her monologue, her show is top shelf. She highlights African Americans, who arent' getting air time on the 'other' shows. Recently her guests have been grade A such as Pattie Labelle and Anita Baker, BeBe and CeCe, Jill Scott, Lela Rochon, Jaheim, Joe, Kid and Play, India Arie, Will Downing, Director Lee Daniels, Sheryl Lee Ralph, Regina King, Boris Kudjoe, Stephanie Mills, Miki Howard, Laura Izibor....and the list goes on and on. Tune into her show, I promise you it's truly worth it. Mo'Nique you're making me eat my words. I'm proud of you ... because the show is quality!!

Rihanna is set to star in Berry Gordy's The Last Dragon with Samuel L. Jackson. I'm not excited, about this movie, because it was a weak story, but the eye candy was good back in the day.

Remember to every rumor, there's a certain bit of truth to it.

Hey Oprah, Dave Letterman, Wendy Williams and Ellen..

7 comments:

  1. I'm loving the winter olympics. Bravo to NBC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah man, Monique's show is high caliber. I like her monologue, because it's ghetto like her. She keeps it real.
    Que

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Shani Davis, winning against all odds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the trouble with foxy and lil kim was their damn ego's and now both of them tricks are broke and for what. keep it moving people. the story it to be sold, and not told.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  5. that Palin/Johnston family is a mess to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if Mo will still do her show after she wins her Oscar for Precious. Just a question.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see Tiger's interview. I do agree that you're giving him a pass to screw up.

    ReplyDelete