Friday, April 3, 2009

Expectation of Self/TGIF

Hello Everyone...
Friday, Friday, Friday,
Thanking the creator, for being ever loving, ever present and ever forgiving.
Easter is right around the corner, Winter is OFFICIALLY over.

I often wonder if we meet the challenge that we're presented with, being here on earth. For some reason often times we try to live up to other's expectations of us. Image, productivity and status, is what helps to shape our country, and largely who we are to become. My parents provided me with a safe canvas and led me to believe that I could be anything that I wanted to be, if I set my mind to it. Good or bad, I have them to thank for my overabundant ego of self :) On my worse day I find many reasons to love me. Unfortunately everyone doesn't have that belief, and do not always get to the same destination.

Some of us come from broken homes and excel, while others come from happy homes and fail. Parents want the best for their children, and also have their expectation. Sometime it could be, that they are living vicariously through you. Not all stories have happy endings. The journey has a rhyme and a reason. The thing is to pay attention to the purpose. With expectation comes disappointment. To have someone say to you that it doesn't matter what people think or say, is highly doubtful. On some level we 'all' care.

Are we going to succeed at everything, hmm probaly not. For instance, that homeless person living on the streets, do you think they expected an unfulfilled dream?

Playing grownup games, gets you grownup results, same goes for childish games. Let's teach our children, that shouldnt be an 'expectation' it should be a 'requirement'.

All of this is temporary...and with a blink of an eye...poof!!!

What are you doing with your life?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWU6hwzUAfY

P.S. Check out The Game it airs tonight, on the CW.

1 comment: