Saturday, April 25, 2009

Tell Me Mother/Happy Birthday


Happy 63rd Birthday Mommy...
Mother I never thought that I would be living in a world without you. I never knew I could survive in a world without you. I think of your everyday, wondering if I'm making your proud. Hoping that I'm becoming the man, that you hoped me to be. I hear your voice speak to me 'MUCH' louder than it ever did when you were here on earth. I love that you're still having your say, having the last word, and being right about it. Because of you, I'm learning to be humble, which isnt always a easy task. I'm being more present with GOD, and I'm still working on the 'patience' thing :)
Im glad that you were my Mother, and Im eternally grateful, for the time that we had, in my mind it was too short, but realistically 200 years would not have been enough time. The only child in me, would always want just 'one' more day to hold you in my arms, to kiss your face, and tell you how much I love you, how much I appreicate you, how much I admired you, and how very lucky I was to be able to call you Momma. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you. I know that I will see you again, and I can't wait to hear about all your travels. Rest In Eternal Peace. Love your favorite boy.

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Aunt Hazel

    Love Always

    Toni-Not Anonymous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to my favorite...My Auntie Hazel...I love you so much and I thank you for the lesson...Because of you, I am such a better woman...I thank you for allowing me to call you Auntie..My desire to know God is so deep because of you...It is so many things that you taught me, omg...I get it...I feel that God placed you here for the short time, to get a few of us in the Kingdom, so for that I'm blessed and because you loved me so...I'm a blessing to other's. Rest my sweet one and I will see you..Dede

    ReplyDelete
  3. Say That.....

    I finally got it..


    Sister Doris..
    I will make you some Salmon Crochet's when i get there....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss her too. I wish I had more of her faith and how she didnt let others judge her, nor her way of life.

    Happy Birthday, Miss Hazel, I love you.

    Love you too Kev,

    Ame

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT HAZEL.....very moving; deep. Love ya cousin...Have a Blessed weekend, and days to come...Oh by the way I'm sure Jay has informed you by now of his graduating date ( June-4th-2009 ). Hopefully we will be prepared...See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. and now it is time to say good bye and put some of the good suggestions and ideas to practical application, I always say it gets done by putting one foot in front of the other. . .peace, all the best to ya

    ReplyDelete
  7. that was the most beautiful thing i ever heard someone say to their mom. it brought tears to my eyes kevin. i am glad that u r conscious enough to be able to still "connect" to her :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kevin,
    I see she's almost Aries and almost a Bull. I know she had to use both sides to keep you in line!!!
    But really Very Nice..
    The rest if the Blog was nice too. You knew when to worry me with this s.... (smiles-)
    Luv ya ,
    Edythe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kevin, you look so much like your mother. Old wives tales....say that it's a good luck charm to look like a parent. Tell me how has your life been charmed? Besides the obvious?

    Wilma Truth

    ReplyDelete
  10. It flies off the page, how much you loved your mother. This tribute was very rich, and forthcoming. I hugged my mother a little longer this time, because of your article.
    Moises Ramirez

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just discovered your blog, and I'm hooked. I don't know you, but I feel you are a feeling good soul. How remarkable of you to share with the world your vulnerabalities and raw soul. It takes a special being to reveal nakedness. Your mother's picture illustrates strength, and your words roll right of the page, conveying the same strength. Thank you. I shared this with my mother, we both were in tears.

    Lina Lau

    ReplyDelete