Friday, November 20, 2009

Angel/TGIF

Scene - Present Day
Friday,

Hey everybody.
Happy Friday to you. Taking a moment to be still and let life happen, and being ever so grateful for all that you have and do not have. To relish in the now is a good place to be. Giving thanks is always in order. The happenstance part of where we get to next is always intriguing because it's the fuzzy part. Why does the curious mind always push the envelope, always demanding to know more? I think it's good to press the issue. Being afraid to let life happens, never gets you anywhere.

Death happens every day, and a new angel earns their wings and take flight. Having a angel on your shoulder can be a comfort to some, while others fear them. As Thanksgiving approaches we have to let these thoughts resonate within us. Being thankful isn't always easy. Do you ever sit and ask God what is his design for your life? Are you being still enough to hear his answer? More and more on my path, I'm asking those questions for myself and not so much for others these days.

Thanksgiving is a time to fellowship, to toss all your issues and angst aside, if only for a few hours, it's a chance to see your family and friends, and partake in the feast that we've all come to know and appreciate. When we bless the food that we'll devour, for that brief moment we're unified again, in accordance to the good book. Little things like giving thanks for being in the land of the living. To see another gathering of reunion. Some were not so lucky or maybe they were, to not see another holiday, just depends on how you view it. I more so appreciate the day for the meaning, than the food, most probably appreciate it equally.

Last year around this time I talked about "Harvest Time" which spoke to the need to make time for people and things, that we tend to take for granted. A year has passed when you reflect back, how did you make out this year? Did you make time for the forgotten family members, or the old friends that you may have lost touch with? Was a burden lifted or still just as heavy? Yes this all leads back to the holiday that is vastly approaching. In times such as these no matter what struggles and problems you're presented with, be it big or small, the resolve is always in the resolution, because at some point you have a 'Angel' helping to cushion your landing. Like rocks of Gibraltar bumps and bumps yet STILL WE RISE...and oh yes, we do give thanks. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

What are you doing with your life?


13 comments:

  1. So profound...such a melancholic air...beautiful enhanced by the clarinet!
    It does touch my heart so deeply and makes it cry because of the longing...the longing...When will it end?
    Foolish Romantic heart of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking time to be still and let life happen...you mean you're falling asleep at your computer? Ha...LOL!! Did you run yesterday? How is the habit commin along?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think youre a angel to my life. You give me sound advice. I look forward to reading your words every week. My you continue to reach the masses, your words need to be heard.
    Anjulie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been such an inspiration and keeper of optimism. Sometimes you have to let someone else hold the door!!!!!
    You will find your hearts desire, sometimes you have to quit looking so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a joy it is to read your word. When I woke today, I was feeling low. Reading your words always cheers me up. I feel your TGIF today is what you are a Angel to so many. God bless you.
    Ava

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww bless u all knowing and holy one...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful message and even greater song. Where do you find these gems? Whenever I think I've got you all figured out....something else beautiful happens. Thanks for being a Angel in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your flow Kevin, you're really channeling something greater than you. I think you're a vessel, and I'm glad that you've taken the time to be still. Well done.
    James Simien Jr.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey boo, I'm just getting home. It's so good to be back in communication with you. For years I didn't know if our paths were ever going to cross again. Whenever I see Whitney I think of you, and I think about your mother and how crazy she was about you. When I read you TGIF's I feel her energy all through your words. She would be very proud of you, and the man that youv'e become. Lets not ever lose touch again.
    Kimmie Sable

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful gift from God !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to take this all in, you words resound. Thanks for taking the time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Holiday is upon us, and your TGIF was perfect. I look forward to your words every week, and I happy to say you never disappoint.
    Happy Thanksgiving.
    Gil

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very eloquent...I'd expect nothing less from you.

    ReplyDelete