Friday, November 6, 2009

In The Valley/TGIF

Scene - Present Day
Friday,

Hello everyone.
I'm at the point in my life where I'm trying to seek a deeper understanding of God and his desire for me in my lifetime. Having a purpose is partially the reason why we're put here on this earth. Understanding what that means is half the battle. Some say how can you believe in something/someone in whom you cannot see. Wisdom comes from seeking a deeper understanding of self and the elements around you. We come into this world through our Mother's, a Father's role is a significant part too. On many occasions children are not planned for. A passionate moment, can have a lasting effect. From early on most of us are taught to pray and go to church on Sundays.

We call on God when we need him, and expect him to deliver whatever burdens we present to him. To live a God fearing life is only as hard as you make it. If you can call on him when things are at it's most crucial point. Why is it so hard to give him some of your time when, your life is going great?
People are afraid to talk about religion, out of fear or ridicule. The state of the world constantly reveals that a greater being truly exists. We're in complete chaos, and it's not by coincidence. The good book talks about natural disasters, yet when we they happen, we're always surprised.

Why is God so forgiving to us? When we come to him and ask for forgiveness it's granted, yet we turn around and do the same thing again. The second time around, I feel that we're less remorseful. Sin is sin, and not one sin is greater than the other. It's very easy to condemn others, without taking your own inventory. Personally for me, I've been afraid to really connect to God and let him truly utilize me and do the work that's required. Don't get me wrong, I know that I'm his child. Living to merely exist is not the role that I signed up for. MY wish is to do more and stretch the boundaries for a greater understanding.

If you're in the valley struggling, that's when most of us call on God to get us out of trouble. Some will gamble, if you're lucky enough to win, more so than not you will hear these famous words THANK YOU JESUS, now did God really give you that win? Sounds familiar right? Science breaks down ideologies to it's purest form. To understand that your mission, has already been designed for you. with little say from you. A lot of people are clandestine when it comes to their views on God. A lot of people will shy aware from religious topics, In the proper setting I feel those doors should be open for topic of conversation.

Giving God the glory in the past hasn't always been where my heart was, There have been times when I felt he's failed me, and of course there have been times, when I've felt that I've failed him. We've all dealt with loss, to have questions, when we're not suppose to ask, can definitely test your faith. You cannot fake it, if you're not a believer. It's a ongoing process to understand what life entails to make it into the Pearlie gates. Unfortunately not everyone will make. Then there's the group of non-believers.

In a world where you're free to believe in whatever you choose. Live and let live is my motto. God is all knowing and purposeful. Incorporate more positives into your surroundings. Problems continue to come, and that wont change. Calling on God only when you need him, doesn't mean he will answer. When he doesn't come to your rescue, is it a request failure? At the end of the day, when he comes it's always in the nick of time. Those of you who are like me, please join me and give God more of your time. Don't be afraid to believe, and pay attention to ALL warning signs, because you just never know.

What are you doing with your life?

15 comments:

  1. always good stuff kev. today you really went out there. guess that r.kelly concert last night had a serious effect on you:) see you soon.
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. TGIF and Coffee goes hand in hand. Thanks for always being consistant. You work is not in vein.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin you're in the valley right now, and you will have many tests. Continue to be true and share the truth, that's what sets your apart form the rest. I admire you. You are truly doing good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevin, you have a testimony and I see you doing more of God's work. I see you in ministry, and I know that you try to run for it, but it's in you. Continue to do the good work.
    Alana

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was your best email yey!!! I'm sure next week's will be even better.
    ATL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked your words today, so real and in your face. Thanks for taking time out to share with others.
    Thalia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kevin
    Have you read "The Purpose Driven"? I am reading it now. It is all about our
    purpose for being here. The bottom line is that we are here for God's purpose
    not our own. Read it if you have not already done so. So far it is good, to me
    anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's all a test many have committed suicide and checked out, because they could not deal with life. It's a struggle to make it through, and that's the reward.
    Calvin Heyward

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy reading your work. You are truly a blessing in my life. Thank you.
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  10. God is a way out for people. Does he exist? How do pose questions and leave us hanging. Give more answers with details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kev' I just checked my emails and was pleasantly surprised to read your words. Most times you're vague, this week you let the reader inside your world. We're all battling something and are conflicted. you will make it through.
    D'

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm stumbled across your blog on twitter. Such a wonderful surprise. How long have you had your blog? Hopefully it's getting the recognition thats deserving.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bless you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This week was powerful in so many ways. Thank you for that. One of these days I would love to sit down and talk about our beliefs. I just finished a wonderful "fiction" book that was on the New York Times best seller list for quite awhile! it was about losing your faith and basically how it all works! It pretty much says it the way I believe. I loved the book so much that while reading it I prayed for someone to come into my life that is being challanged by religion or has lost faith and of course right after I finished I had two people question their faith and talk to me about how I feel about religion and what it means to me.
    Thanks for this...

    ReplyDelete