Thursday, December 3, 2009

I'm Just Saying..


The Grammy nominations are IN, Beyonce Knowles' and her dad must have blown the entire NARAS board, because she's up for 10 nominations. My head is spinning trying to come up with clever ways to ask WHY and HOW?

Taylor Swift received 8 nominations, and should send a check to Kanye West, because he single handily blow up her career, by being a dumb ass.

Kanye West received 6 nominations, so much talent, but ole boy needs to get a hold of himself before it's too late.

Lady GAG received 6 nominations:(
Whitney Houston didn't get a SINGLE nomination...so the grammys are about talent right?
Don't get me wrong, I get the Beyonce Knowles movement, and I was on board for the 'Dangerously In Love' movement, but the unimaginative 'Sasha Fierce' were pure fluff with NO substance.

Other notable Grammy nominees include: MusicSoulchild, India Arie, Drake, Ledisi,Maxwell,Katy Perry, Adele, Pink, MGMT, Kings of Leon, Jason Mraz and The Ting Tings.

Maxwell performed a tribute to Michael Jackson singing 'Lady In My Life' on the Grammy Nomination special, all I have to say is that he should not have sang that song, he was so OUT of his element, and did NOT honor Michael's legacy, where the hell was Ne-Yo? he honors Michael in the way that it should be done.

Nicole Richie, who shot to fame as Paris Hilton's BFF on the Fox/E!
reality series "The Simple Life," will return to television as the star of a scripted comedy in development at ABC. The only question I have is will she play a white or black girl?

Remember the story that I told you about Tom Cruise and his marriages to save face, well According to OK! MagazineKatie Holmes has accepted $75 Million dollars in a new marriage agreement with hubby to have baby #2. Maybe Meredith Baxter Birney should give him a call.

Remember to every rumor, there's a certain bit of truth to it.

Hey Oprah, Dave Letterman, Wendy Williams and Ellen..

23 comments:

  1. 10 nominations for Beyonce, and not one for Whitney Houston. Well you can already see the end results. Taylor Swift is going to win all the big categories and Beyonce will be reduced to the r&b categories, and Kanye wont get anything. It's not fair but it's the grammys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if Beyonce deserves 10 nominations, but I'm glad she got them. The grammys never give african americans our just due. I hope she wins in every category. Better her than them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What nationality is Nicole? Isn't she a mut like Mariah Carey? Simple was a stupid show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clive Davis must be losing his mojo if Whitney Houston can't get one single nomination from a #1 album. Guess the tide is turning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did Ne-Yo get any nominations? Now that boy is talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Beyonce she works very hard, and she's a competitor. YOu have to be aggressive to get what you want. So stop hating on her:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrie Underwood has to be pissed at Kanye because of his antics now america is in love with Taylor Swift, when its so obvious that Carrie is a better singer and by far looks better.
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whitney Houston was slighted, and I don't know what the hell happened. I know Clive Davis is firing somebody's ass today, and the Grammys will NEVER get his backing again. Such a obvious slight. Beyonce' gets 10 .. Whitney 0 something is horribly wrong.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another thang is to is that they will give stars like mariah carey a big welcome back but not whitney because whitney uses her heart and not her body to sell records. mariah sells sex to promote her music and in the music industry these days its all about sex appeal. They know sex will sell. but nobody sings better than whitney. nobody!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. In my OPINION as far as maxwell-i really was not impressed with his album-9 songs -come on now-please...everyone i know who has the album doesnt listen to it,including myself...
    Tabor

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Maxwell and he deserved more than a nomination! Whitney may have came out too late? Maybe! But then again, I have seen people come out a week before and receive a nomination! I love her too and she will get her glory, God will continue to help her grow so that she will be the phenomenal singer that everyone remembers!
    Kent Styles

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the Whitney snub was political ... I suspect that people didn't like the fact that Clive and company moved the release date of the album specifically so she'd qualify for this year's proceedings. It's a shame, because I actually like the album and I think it is Grammy-worthy.
    Stephen H.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree Stephen, Ironically the grammys are trying to follow a popularity trend of the AMA's and Billboard Awards for ratings. It's still a slap in the face to Whitney. Taylor Swift is going to win everything, which will the the ulitmate slap in the face to Beyonce', Maxwell, Black Eyed Peas, Kanye, Jay-Z and the rest of the nominees. Remember you heard it here for first.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lady Gaga should only be able compete in the dance categories.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They moved mariahs release date so her and whitney wouldnt compete against each other at this years ceremony-im sure-too bad it didnt work out in thier favor....both artist were robbed :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whitney should have at least gotten a nom for "Million Dollar Bill"!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't care too much for maxwell's new album because to me it didn't have that true alternative sound that I adored from his earlier years. I only liked 3 songs on there and it even wasn't the songs that received much radio play - Bad Habits, Phoenix Rise and Cold. I feel like he is regressing but not evolving. That's only my opinion for I know plenty of people who love his new album.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whitney should have at least gotten a nom for "Million Dollar Bill"!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kevy poo are you okay over there? You girl didn't get nominated for any grammys, I'm not sure if you're in the ICU or just plained stroked the f*ck out. You've been awfully calm. Share your feelings. I'm not a big Whitney fan, but even I know she deserved a nomination. Shame Shame Shame.
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is what it is....move on. I'm sure it doesn't stop her cash flow.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Whitney will get em next time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tom Cruise is homo...who doesn't know that? The grammies...well I want U2 to win in all their catogories, and Carrie Underwood and Pink should clean up in they other categories, and I still believe in Kanye West so I want him to win too, but the grammies are catp*ssies, so they will pass on him. I think he had good intentions that went bad, at the expense of Taylor Swift.
    Sky

    ReplyDelete
  23. @ Rachelle - No silly I'm not in ICU. I was disppointed that she didn't get a nod, but I get it. Whitney raised the bar and set the example for others to follow. She's held to a different expectation, though she clearly still can sing better than most, she just can't sing better than she use too. It's a curse of not taking care of your God given gift...and in the midst of living life, we make mistakes. I do feel that she can make it back, if she chooses too. If that happens, she will have the last laugh. Some try to build us up to tar us down, lucky for us, while in the vallley, we find ways to come out victorious. I'm a ride or die Whitney diehard, excellent,great,not so great or decent...I ride with her. It's called unconditionallity:) See how long winded I can be:) Cya @ my party.

    ReplyDelete