Friday, December 11, 2009

Worth/TGIF

Happy December Friday to you,
Let's GO!!!

The end of they year is here, and December is racing away, I mean literally racing away. Everyone is saying that 2010 is a new decade, things are going to be so much better, than where were are right now. Playing devil's advocate I wonder what's going to make it better, With that said, it begins where change always begins, with YOU/SELF!! Letting go of bad habits, is a wishful thought, and the more realistic approach it to accept that we're creatures of habit, and realistically we're probably not willing to change, or put the investment in to see the distant results.

Worth is a word that we can never stop defining, as it continues to change as you grow if allowed. This week I had the pleasure to speak to two different generations young and older, but the topic was the same 'relationships'. Understanding yourself is when you can say, I deserve better!
All of that comes from within, also to know when to pull the reigns in, is about having standards and prodical. Loving one self should be easy, but it's actually hard for most people to put self first. Giving of yourself is a art, and it's a gift. To give something to someone that you wouldn't give yourself, is a unselfish act, but it's also a foolish act. Surrendering to another, is the ultimate sign of truth.

When someone takes your 'worth' for granted, it's a sign of not valuing you as a person and the mutual benefit role that each of you play. Knowing your worth is standing up for yourself and saying 'NO' this is unacceptable. (I don't need your sob story nor apology. You've crossed the line)
If you don't set up boundaries, all hell breaks loose. No one wants to be taken advantage of in any situation. We're all at a vulnerable state to someone. Falling in love is acknowledging that you feel comfortable with that certain person, and where there's comfort comes truth.

In order to know what you will and won't tolerate, you must have an idea as to what you require from others, and to always know what you give as well. Foundation is the ground seed that we come into this world under. We often take for granted what we are privileged to live in this country, because it came easier to us than most, does that make it any less opulent'? Work is always going to be required in obtaining anything meaningful. Hey I didn't write the book on this subject, but I did read it a few times. As I've said time and time again. This is YOUR life not a dress rehearsal, understand what you're going to do with all that's being afforded to you.

When you know what you're 'worth' is adequate love isn't the type of love to seek. Looking at other's relationships is not the boundaries that you want to create. You must explore the depths of your core and soul, and find out what loving yourself can be like. I've often been accused of loving me too much, and I gladly accept that blessing or curse. Learning your worth will save you loads of pain and heartache, and sometimes even heartbreak. None of this growth exercise can be achieved if you're not willing to demand you place in this world and that can only start when you know what YOUR worth is for self. Only you can validate yourself.

What are you doing with your life?

7 comments:

  1. I agree about loving ones' self and setting boundaries.Just had this convo. woth a close friend of mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great song selection, and I think I know what you were saying about 'worth'. You seem to be all over the place this week, but I loved all of the confusion. Life!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came home and all my girlfriends shit is gone. I worked hard to make things work with her for six years, four kids and this is how it goes down. What's my worth? What did hard work get me? I shouldve pull a Tiger Woods. Now all I can do is drown my sorrow in booze.
    Hector

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent and thought provoking. A few typos and a bit long...ok much long, but great none the less. KK scores again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Bible, you better live it and keep bringing it gangsta.
    KeNN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kevin, this year is almost and what do we have to say for ourselves? What I will say is thank you for being consistant, and being a wonderful person. Your words help so many.
    Happy Holidays,
    Carole Sayer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always appreciate your words. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete