Friday, December 18, 2009

Beautiful/TGIF

Scene:
Present Day

Happy Friday Everyone,

My TGIF blast has grown by leaps and bounds. It started out as a little wishful thinking idea, and it has grown into something larger than me. I love the fact that ideas can be shared as a form of communication, that makes one think about the process of life and resolution. I never proclaimed to be a therapist or a rocket scientist, but for all of those who know me, you truly know that I have my share of opinions. Some are right on point, and others are a matter of opinion. At the end of the day any true conversationalist will always let the listener agree to disagree.

This past year we've talked about abuse, users, God, forward thinking, family, resolutions, community and self improvement. All in all we seem to be trying to get to a better place in our lives, and we seem to want more for ourselves, the planet and people who have impacted our lives. Turning different corners in life always brings about a different approach. Some things will work, while others things will not. Stumbling blocks will always occur, because that's how the education process happens. Seeking deeper meanings in our evolution.

The Holidays are all about community and togetherness. Reflections will always happen, and that's what reminiscing is all about. The good and bad in our lives. The more the world keeps on changing, the more it stays the same, the one thing that we can't stop is time, as it continues to move right along. Take the time out to love and care about one another. Small gestures go a long way. We are born to die, and we do not come to stay, so putting off things such as family or friendship battles, aren't worth the angst when you look at the bigger picture. Forgive, purge, process and move on.

Taking time out to acknowledge those who are instrumental in our lives is most important, also to thank God for his many blessings is not something so hard to address. Being present is a constant work in progress, as we're all trying to get to the place of satisfaction, yet it almost seems unattainable. To hope is eternal.

This is my last TGIF for the year of 2009, I will return Friday January 8th-2010. I would like to thank each and everyone of you for reading my sometimes long winded thoughts. I personally would like to thank you for all your constructive feedback. May your Holidays be filled with meaningful blessings of togetherness and fellowship. I think our paths have crossed for a reason, and if it were a mistake, that was a purpose too. Share a hello along the way, do something a little different, instead of the comfortable easy route home, try another path, see where it leads you to.

What Are You Doing With Your Life?

30 comments:

  1. awwwww the end of the year is here...and damn damn damn I wont have your words for two weeks. whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin I love your song selections, and of course your TGIF blast is awesome. Thanks for taking the time each and every week to give us inspirational words. Rev Run has nothing on you.
    Happy Holidays and may you have a blessful Holiday Season.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin 'YOU're Beautiful' too. Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. You will never know how much your TGIF's have helped me in my life. I have truly come to depend on your postive affirmations. It takes a special person, to take time out of their busy shedules to give something back to the world, and you do it consistantly. I APPLAUD you. Happy Holidays, wishing you and your family ALL the best.
    Khloe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lately I've noticed that you're featuring unsigned singers. Are you looking for new talent? This kids are singing, and how refreshing.
    Have a great Holiday and may all of God's blessings be yours. you are doing a great job and it's helping a lot of people, more than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhh, PERFECT song choice...........that is my SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your'e creative and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love you sentiment. You are a child of God. I wish you much peace and joy sir.
    Happy Holidays.
    Mavis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Holidays Kev' See you next your. Thqanks for your words. The are always a comfort.
    Schuyler

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your TGIF emails. I can't believe that a year has gone by. I hope that your writings will lead to bigger things. You have touched my life, and I'm forever grateful.
    Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's my song, and you showcased it very eloquently. I like that you take chances, and few people ever do these days. Your blog has been very inspirational to me. I appreciate your taking the time out to enlighten others. I think you will be one of the chosen for special blessings. Happpy Holidays.
    Kaleafe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Kev.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blog and I appreciate all of your words that you give us weekly. Life is hard enough, and when you find someone who takes time out of their lives to give back. How special are you Kevin. Thank you doesn't seem to be enough. I can't believe we've made it through another year. Thanks again for caring about us who are lost, trying to find our way.
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the weekly TGIF's. It's been a pure joy to read your words. It's my favorite day of the week, because of you. I look forward to the many years to come, and to see what you'll have to talk about.
    Wishing you and your family God's grace.
    Happy Holidays,
    Mona Scott

    ReplyDelete
  14. What am I going to do without you for the next two weeks? Guess I should stop being selfish. You're a good egg Charlie Brown.
    Kevin seriously, thanks for gracing us with your blog, I wish you good tidings and joy.
    Roberto

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Kevin, Happy Belated Birthday and Merry Christmas to you and yours. I miss dancing with you Sundays in Hollywood, Let's try to meet up before 2010.
    One Luv

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was soulful and gorgeous- omgoodness He is so GOOOD! Does he have a myspace or anything?
    Kev' you have such great taste, I hope your record company appreciate your amazing ears?
    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good stuff as always Kevin. Life is her for the moment. Take advantage of the gift that you've been given.
    Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This song is so beautiful. I've never heard it, nor the singer. Your musical taste is of an Rodin artist. I'm always amazed at how diverse you can go. Whoever this artist is..he's very lucky to have you behind him. When is your next showcase? Keep me informed.
    Happy Holidays!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another classic read. Happy Holidays Mr. Knighton.
    Thanks for all your hard work and decication.
    Marlena

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great way to end the year Big Dawg. Thanks for your thoughts in 2009. I can't wait to see what's next for you.
    RJT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Kev,
    Have a blessed and merry Christmas and new year. I know you saw your girl Whitney in Instyle mag. if not it's the Jan issue. Thanks for all your beautiful words and common sense. It's always right on time
    Patty Hearst

    ReplyDelete
  22. You're such a remarkable young man. I am envious of your talent, not in the jealous way, but in the way that I want to inspire as you have. Please continue on your path. I look forward to see just what God has in store for you. Many blessings to your and your children.
    Mona P. Scott

    ReplyDelete
  23. THANK YOU KEVIN...
    My love and respect to you and I wish you a Blessed and Wonderful Christmas and the Healthy and Prosperous New Year.

    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your Friday messages!!! Will be ready to read more in January.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Holidays Kevin, I will miss your postings for the next couple weeks. Guess you need the r/r. Thanks for being a consistant in giving us good food for thought.
    Tatiana

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey man....it's the end of the year. Where does the time go? When you're young everything is in front of you, as you age, everything seems to be behind you. Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to grace us with your words and dignity.
    Wes

    ReplyDelete
  27. The song is simply brilliant. I can't stop listening to it. You have great taste in music. This kid is asian and has some soul to him. You must be his mentor.
    Happy Holidays, see you in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you Kevin for all the TGIF's that have been inspirational and supportive of the needs of others to know that life is a classroom and should never be taken for granted.
    Have a very Merry Christmas, hug your friends and family and remember that you are appreciated by all of us who read you weekly and gain inspiration from you efforts. You are in my prayers always.. See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful Wonderful. You're my prince of peace. I love your words, and delivery. Continue with your walk in Christ, you'll be amazed where it leads.
    God bless you.
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for getting me through some questioning and challenging thoughts with your blogs and music. I look forward to your much needed compositions to get us through 2010. BTW...That boy can sing and play that piano.

    ReplyDelete