Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I'm Just Saying..

2009 is almost a wrap. This year was a doozy be it personal tragedies, or world struggles. I'm happy to see it go, and If I survive to see the next decade, I plan to make every day count.
We live our lives paying closer attention to others woes, instead of making things better for ourselves and our communities. I'm guilty as well. With said, I plan to keep writing and telling it exactly like it is. LMAO

I'll NEVER forget Michael Jackson, Ame Williams, Brittany Murphy, ...........just to name a few.



Tyra and Momma O' will be off the air in 2011. Suddenly I'm sad, because the end of a era is approaching us. I'm certain that new shows will attempt to follow in their footsteps, I'm certain that television will never be the same.

The more I think of us as a people and a culture. Strength comes in numbers and I'm a firm believer that we can make it through any adversity, as long as we don't belittle our progress. We've always offered the most to society, we sometimes fail to remember that fact. We must take time to strengthen our 'brand' again. Far too many times, we allow others to weaken who we are. As we go forward, let's try to work together. The Oscars say we don't belong, The Grammy's will continue to try to reduce us to the lesser categories, MTV forgot that Michael Jackson gave them LIFE, as we go forward. Let's stand for something, and maybe as we stand, we'll come to realize that we don't need them to justify who we are, and just perhaps we'll show up and fully represent at our own shows. Who will have the balls? We are here, we've always been here, and it's time to reconstruct for a colored tomorrow, for without US, .........XXXXXXXXxxxactly!!



Remember to every rumor, there's a certain bit of truth to it.

Hey Oprah, Dave Letterman, Wendy Williams and Ellen..

3 comments:

  1. Your words are so true!!! Wake up black people!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin,
    I like it best when you speak your mind. I think people will appreciate your truth. We must start to stand for something or our race will turnish away. Gladys was a nice touch also to drive the point home.
    Happy New Year!
    Schuler

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year KEv'
    Thanks for always taking the time to keep it real, and keep us up on Pop Culture.
    Oh, thanks again for the invite to your party...it was OFF DA CHAIN!!!
    TJ

    ReplyDelete