Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Where Were You The First Time...


That you heard the voice of Anita Baker? Flashback of the times we had, some made us laugh and some made us sad...it's gets not better than those lyrics, listening to Anita Baker you always want that 'Same Ole Love'. When you hear her music its that of a familiar family friend. Her music has been the soundtrack to so many of our lives. You can always find comfort in her delivery and those timeless lyrics. She came on the music scene in the late seventies with her group Chapter Eight and in the mid eighties as a solo artist recording for the Beverly Glen record label which released her first single "Angel" and from that moment on started the love affair with La Baker!

2 comments:

  1. I was in station in Germany and I heard Been So Long, OMG, that shit was all that I need and more. I loved it, and I still can't get enough of Anita, I agree with you, she is a familiar comfort.
    Gary P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet love got the party started in our home, and she like luther vandross became family members:) only one Anita.

    ReplyDelete