Monday, December 16, 2013

Momma 'O' talks to the Hollywood Reporter ...

Taking time away from her busy schedule, Oprah Winfrey graced the cover of The Hollywood Reporter.
During her sit down with the publication, the 59-year-old television personality opened up about her Broadway dreams and even shared details about how others took advantage of her.
Highlights from Winfrey's interview are as follows. 

On "The Oprah Winfrey Show":
"The only thing I ever questioned about leaving [the show] was the timing. Should I have waited and then started OWN separately? Should I have tried to start it earlier? But the actual ending of the show, I never wanted to be in the position of ever having people say, 'You shoulda come out of the rain.'"

On her successor:
"There won’t be a 'next Oprah.' Just like there won’t be another Barbara Walters, Aretha Franklin or Whitney Houston. People who make their mark in the way that they made it, that’s it."

On her generosity:
"When you're the most successful person in your family, in your neighborhood and in your town, everybody thinks you're the First National Bank and you have to figure out for yourself where those boundaries are. I got to the point where nobody ever asked me for anything less than $5,000. I felt pressured for a long time to say yes, because I thought, 'I can't lie and say I don't have it. My salary is printed in the paper. I've bought more houses and cars than I can even tell you."

On her interest in Broadway:
"It's something I would like to do, but I'd like to get settled in my house, have a life and then make the next move. I'd just like to be in the space where I really feel like I have nothing to prove. I think I'm just about there."



2 comments:

  1. Only one Oprah, Aretha and Whitney!! I have the article very nice interview Ms. Winfrey.

    ReplyDelete