Friday, May 15, 2009

Drifting/TGIF

Happy Friday Everyone,
I'm heading home to the bay today. Time to see family and friends. Trying to take time to enjoy the moment, and celebrate the now. All the mistakes made, are lessons in which have gotten us to this point. Many trials, errors and of course tribulations. Driving will allow me time to visit new thoughts, and revisit some old ones. A little bit of this, some of that, and before you know I'll be looking into the faces of my family and friends.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about being in love again. Wondering what will that entail. At this point, in my life, I often wonder, will I have the application to apply myself. Will it be worth it. My energy level is much different now. Yesterdays slights, can no longer linger, well I wouldn't allow them to. Still the heart always wants what the hell it wants, doesn't it? And lately this bleeding heart, realizes that it's still in love and probably always will be.

I can still recall the day, I broke some one's heart, and to be honest, at the time I really didn't care. It was all about me, Selfish little me. When did I become such a cold calculating person. If you live you life long enough, you'll soon learn, the door swings both wings, and the return heartbreak, cuts you to the core. You become accustomed to a lovely word called 'karma'.

What would I do differently? Could it be different? Can you leave fear behind as you engage in something new? Are you strong enough to stand up and say I NEED this, or I NEED that!! or do you find yourself into another 'familiar' situation that led to your original disenchantment? Are you vocal with your friends with the crap hits? Often times, friends are always so quick to say what they would or would not do. We've all been there before. That same friend who appears to be the pillar of strength, has vulnerabilities too. Human emotions, gets you human reactions.

A heart will break, a heart can heal, but does it ever mend completely. Residue is a dirty word, but we're all guilty of carrying it, only thing now is that, the word has changed to 'baggage'..

At the end of the day, I'm still in love. The stubborn hard head man in me, feels like hmm. I can even make this work. I want to have a longevity relationship. My peer group seem to have few successes along those lines. Have we all started to look at relationships differently? What is our approach? Maybe we're too set in our ways. That can be a hard situation to deal with, but it's something that must be addressed. At the very least, be honest and true to yourself.

Painting perfect pictures, is the aftermath that so few can own. Some sneak back into a similar situation, then go underground :) like they are too embarrassed to be human. If someone were to cheat on you, did that mean they weren't in love with you, or didn't care about you? Well did it? In a marriage when a spouse passes, are we to stay single forever? Loving feelings shared between two people should be rewarded. Wouldn't your spouse want for your happiness? Hey just some things to think about..and that's what I will be pondering on my trek to San Francisco.....don't be surpise if I end up in Dallas. I never was good at geography :)

What are you doing with your life?



P.S.S. The Game airs tonight on the CW. Check your local listings for scheduling.

6 comments:

  1. Do you work for the FBI? Are you a mind reader? ROFLMAO this struck a cord. I'm about to dive back into a old love. This TGIF is all the clarification that I need.

    Phil Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I had to respond to this... . so. . . who's in Dallas? 'Sounds like' a hidden message to that special someone . . . ? or is that just me 'looking into things' anyway, it was good as always reading your private thoughts. If nothing else, I have always been an armchair psychologist, or just a people watcher, listener, wondering what makes people tick. In our humanness, we do put ourselves first, it takes something outside of ourselves to
    care more for another or at least choose to put someone else ahead of our own plans. Someone said, no one is so altruistic. sometimes I believe that, but that is my more cynical times. To be a parent, you usually have to choose to put their need ahead of yours, but, that is a whole other can of
    . . . I guess this week I came into a place of realizing to be grown up, mature, adult like, ugh! really, I have and will continue to take full responsibility for choices, things I have done or done to me How I decide to be an overcomer , never a victim. It seems to me that it has almost been inbred in females to pull the pity role. It is just one excuse after another. It has been one way for women to take care of their emotions, not wanting to 'hurt' someone or themselves, compassion out of control. . .then leads to people lying not being themselves, it is something that tears at people relationships. So, I can dig when you propose not settling for the status quo or the familiar. Some things bring good familiarity, security, as long as it is not at cost of being and becoming who you are meant to be. My purpose, I aspire to a lifestyle of not being served, but to serve. If is not within me to do this, only after a series of what did not work. Anyway, so, are you in love with someone or is that your goal. . . thought I would just ask, and be honest with my thought. Shoot, I thought sometime you'd end up in my neck of the woods, N.T.,New York. !! have a fun drive and visit, please respond if you feel so inclined, and if Dallas has not swept you away :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thoughts here...HECK YEAH THE HEART WANTS WHAT THE HECK IT WANTS! Telling it no can be the toughest pill to swallow. eing rejected by someone blows, but rejecting YOURSELF by telling your heart's wants "No" is brutal. And it doesn't get easier. On the contrary.

    Have a blast to San Francisco, and on the journey to San Francisco...smooches!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn this email hit home. My relationship ended today. Another one bites the dust. All of sudden, he doesn't want to do the distance thing. Why do I get myself into dead end relationships? You spoke of Karma. How do I get a clean slate? was I thought bad?

    Chaka Sereno

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kevin
    I just wanted to let you know that I truly enjoy your TGIF blog.
    Your words contineu to be a motivating force in my life.
    I am so blessed to have met you ... so many years ago.

    Love you and can't wait to see you.

    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. My prose powerful? I read often and I've read my whole life and you are as profound as a Steinbeck or a Miller. I love reading your commentary/opinions. I will send a few links so you can look into cashing in on some of your talent. newspapers will buy your thoughts because people will demand to read what you have to say!! Think, Carrie Bradshaw! :)

    Also, please consider google ads, or obtaining ads of your own for your blog. I will plaster your blog link anywhere I go all over the internet so traffic picks up. Put a counter on there if you havent already. It will be exciting to see it grow.
    Cob

    ReplyDelete