Thursday, January 21, 2010

Command Performance


Though they are no longer together Floetry was a nice diversion from your typical r&b group. They were a female duo, which consisted of a lyricist and a poet. I so appreciate this performance, because at the time when "Getting Late" hit the airwaves, it was a breath of fresh air. The lyrical content speaks to the longing of love and heartbreak, acceptance and moving on. How can you not like a song with that much strength. Enjoy this nice stroll down memory lane.

2 comments:

  1. This is going to seem very white of me, but what is a Floetry? I love the big hair, I like the very natural hair of these ladies. I recently saw the documentary Good Hair, and I now have a new understand of African American hair culture, but that's off subject.
    I love this song, where can I get a copy.
    Cluless in Rhode Island

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting Late is my cut. I haven't heard this song in a few years, but it's always so refreshing. Too bad they broke up, but we still have this great memories. Thanks for posting.
    Ayana

    ReplyDelete