Friday, January 15, 2010

Epiphany/TGIF

Happy Martin Luther King Weekend,

As we all settle back into complete work mode from the Holidays. Much work and organization is needed. Trying to rid old habits, lost loves, and sometimes lost souls. The destination to completeness is all the things that we learn along the way. Time and time again, I realize the reward is not to bless with a long life, the daily reward is surviving the obstacles that life presents to us on a day to day. Challenges will always arise. There are days, when I don't have the fight in me, as I'm sure you encounter that same feeling.

Waking up and being blessed to see a new day, we do not know what we will face, and what mountains we may have to climb. Amazingly your survival skills gets you through, and more so than not, we don't realize the strength from within, that we possess. Epiphanies are visual realizations about one's self. Successes can come in small or large doses. Surrounding yourself in a new social group brings about new opportunities, doing things the same ole way, brings stagnation.

Ordinary doesn't have to be attached to your eulogy, I find similar circumstances begets the same outcome, be in those dealing in friendships, or people who allow love to abuse them, will generally hang out with those who have familiar stories. Being plagued by love and rejection, that group tends to surround themselves with enablers. While the heart breakers tend to flow in packs together. The movie "He's Just Not That Into You'" it was simple, but all very accurate. Why is it when you get over heartbreak and finally decide to move on...GUESS WHAT, all of a sudden, they realize they're in love with you, and NOW they're ready to give you all the desires that you were seeking. Hmmm TOO LATE!!

Jealously and Envy are nothing new to the rules of life. We hold the tools to our destiny, some will rise to the occasion for change and put forth the gallant effort, and some will not. When you see angry, bitter and disenchantment. Trust me there's a reason for every emotion, and every wrinkle earned. Saying I don't know, should be a simple task, yet so few can express it. I've had to process similar situations. I can honestly say that I grew from the experience and it made me a better person.

The universe moves on its own time table, in life we have to find the right rhythm to coincide with the rules of nature. Life is a dance and numbers play the most significant part. Be it a 4 or 8 count, maintaining the balance will get you the best results, Conflict and dismay comes when you flow against the pulse of where the universe is trying to take you.

We never get there alone. Though many will say that I don't need anyone, we ALL need someone. Learning to humble yourself, and to do it with a sincere heart, is when the rewards are reaped. The beauty of Epiphany is all about realization, and it doesn't matter when you come to it, the thing is that you came to it. Start you own trends, learn from others mistakes, and correct your own. It's a new year, and as I said before it's all about Infinite Possibilities. This time next year, let's see where we are in our lives, I'm aiming for exuberant masterpieces.

What are you doing with your life?


P.S. Let's send a special prayer to all the Haitian families who were affected by the 7.0 earthquake.

17 comments:

  1. Go to bed negro:) This was a long way, but I think I get the jist of what you had going on. Long week, I complained that it was too short,guess you shut my trap. You know there's no pleasing folk - right? Seriouly good job.
    Jabo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now Kev' that's what I'm talking about. I always love the stories that you tell. You've always had a way with words. For those that can't follow, tell them to step off. I love it. Thanks for doing what you do.
    Adraina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice touch with Teppy P closing. I was expecting a long welcome back TGIF last week, but you're always full of surprises. I love the journey that you took us on today. Few people ever want to address their issues. Every Friday you're my therapist, AND it's free. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!
    Thanks
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good stuff today Kev' per usual.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love and Life will take you on a many roads, and it's never a smooth path. Of course casualities will happen too. Hopefully everyone will be wiser the next go round.
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been on both ends of the spectrum with love and friendships. Sadly I realize that I'm a enabler, and it's not such a good feeling.
    Jalissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some people avoid epiphanies because to avoid the obvious is less painful. I lived that life the last decade but I'm opting for change. When you see natural disasters like what happened in Haiti, makes you want to realize your value, your gift, and just how precious life really is.
    Thanks for the reminder.
    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  8. R.I.P. Teddy Pendergrass, your parents rocked your mother like you were God. Such great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kevin, you have a job in motivational speaking, I want to see what 2010 will bring you, because you continue to run from your gifts. I want to see you blow up, because you got the goods.
    Carolyn Francis

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trying to change things up, is easier said than done. We've all made mistakes, such is life. Some wrongs can never be corrected, that's no epiphany, that's life. Like it or not, I'm trying to be a better man today. That should mean something.
    Kashif

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kevin THIS ONE WAS TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG!!! LMAO
    The fifth paragraph applied to me and my life.

    Omar

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kevin, you're amazing, and I cling to your every word. I can't to see what one of your screenplays turn into.
    Also your Teddy Pendergrass song selection was timely. I love that you don't go with the obvious songs, you always dig just a little deeper. That's why we appreciate you so much.
    Que
    R.I.P. Teddy P.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Teddy Bear...you gave the world "so much sweeter than sweet music"...,you will always be LOVED...,and remembered as "A GIANT"...in the game of straight crooning!!! Thank You For The Memories Sir.
    Jesse Bennett

    ReplyDelete
  14. That extra mile that you go consistantly every week, gets your major brownie points into you know where.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Today is important, when you look at Haiti, it all makes sense. We must seek GOD in all that we do.
    HC

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay Okay, I got, I'll stop being a enabler. If you wanted me to kick him out, you got it damn. Give me a minute to get this all together, but if you're wrong then what?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good delivery Kev' and Teddy was a nice touch.
    Antwan

    ReplyDelete