Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sundays At My House ....

On Sunday mornings when I was little boy visiting my grandmother, she would have my uncle Teddy take me to get a fresh haircut, by a lady name Sis, and everytime she would cut my hair, I couldn't wait to get to my favorite part, which was her taking a razor blade and etching a part on the side of my head. Hey that was the style back then, and everytime she would do it, I would always get so drowzy, because it felt so good. Once my haircut was done, my uncle would bring me back to my Grandmother's house and I would get dressed for church, starting with Sunday School, then the service. It was almost a four hour ordeal weekly. I would hear great singing, a great message, and following church, I was always treated to a great feast of whatever my Grandmother had cook for Sunday dinner. I'm so thankful for these memories, To God Be The Glory, for having such a happy upbringing. Remember Romans 8:31 If God be for you, who can ever be against you?

2 comments:

  1. what a funny story, I had that side part too.
    Richie

    ReplyDelete
  2. more and more you reveal to me the reasons why I love you sooo much.

    ReplyDelete