Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm Just Saying...


Hip Hop dancer Anthony Burrell was robbed last week when So You Think You Can Dance eliminated him, clearly one of the better dancers, the talented dancer out performed his competition with a pulled hamstring. Just another slap in the face when flash and gimmick wins out over talent. Burrell is classically trained in ballet at the Alvin Ailey school of dance, he was lead dancer for Destiny's Child and Beyonce', and has been seen in numerous videos as well as having the lead in several Rihanna videos. I'm sure this will not be the last that we've seen of this talented dancer, shame on the SYTYCD folks.

Who knew....Karate Kid starring Jaden Smith, kicked ass at the Box Office this past weekend raking in over 56 million dollars making it the #1 movie and leaving the A-Team in the dust. Both were remakes, one had legs and the other one didnt. Congrats little Jaden, you have a future in Hollywood, like father like son.

Kanye West made a surprise appearance at Jay Z's concert appearing on stage at the Isle Of Wight Festival! Welcome Back Mr. West...it's time to get down to business, just rap and keep your opinions to yourself. Later this month you can also see him performing LIVE @ The BET Awards Show.

Go CELTICS......just one more game and you're there...CHAMPIONS again!! Let's go GET EM!!

Hot in the drawlz... Kate Hudson is back at it again, this time with ANOTHER rocker Muse front man Matt Bellamy were spotted together in New York last week after reportedly dating for over a month. Lets see how long this one lasts. SMH ... I'm Just Saying..

The BET network is celebrating 30 years of being in business, but I can't help feel that it has set us back as a people more than it has taken us forward. If you compare BET to MTV, there is no comparison, MTV has grown by leaps and bonds. Shows like Tiny and Tonya, or Frankie and Effi will continue to keep ups down. I don't get it....Stephen Hill and Debra Lee...WAKE UP!! I'm still not over the horrific tribute to Michael Jackson last year...WHACK! I do believe in redemption so it's my hope that BET airing new episode's of 'The Game' sitcom is a step in the right direction.

Joe Jackson blames his son death on of all people Katherine Jackson, yes his wifey, the one who has stuck by this poor excuse of a dad side for over 50 years. Joe claimed that he asked Katherine to go and check on the King Of Pop, because he was looking frail, Katherine refused, not wanting to invade her son's privacy. When he died Joe told Katherine 'see I told you that you should have checked on him' well Joseph you being his father, why didn't YOU check up on him, guess you were too busy in Vegas chasing the little show girls, what a joke and just a down right dirty old man.

Congratulations to Denzel Washington and Viola Davis for winning the Best Lead Actor and Actress at the Tony Awards for their role on Broadway in August Wilson's 'Fences'. The critics tried to rip their performances apart, it's nice when you get to have this last laugh on this level...so that's IN your face critics. LOL

Jennifer Garner has a new role in the remake of 'Arthur' she'll play the wealthy heiress engaged to Arthur, played by Russell Brand. The cast also includes Helen Mirren as Arthur's nanny and Nick Nolte, who will play the father of Garner. Hollywood seems to be running out of creative ideas.

Singer Amy Winehouse should have new music in the market place by December or early January. I say it's about time for her to get back to business and to put the bottle DOWN!!

In Truth no memory is required, with a Lie, the story changes constantly(me)
Hey Momma O',Dave Letterman, Ellen, Monique and the rest....

26 comments:

  1. Anthony Burrelli is fine, I've seen him in concert before, so I was really excited that he was going to be on so you think you can dance. I was shocked when he didn't make the top 11, i think he was too old for their demographics he's something like 29 and the rest of those kids are like 18 or 19, still doesn't justify his elimination, the boy can dance his ass off, and he did so with a pull hamstring, that shows you his professionalism. I'm very sad.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kevin, don't you live in Los Angeles? LOL I can't believe that you're rooting for the Celtics, don't be a HATER. LOL
    The Lakers got this bruh in Game 7, you watch wait and see homie.
    Grayson

    ReplyDelete
  3. that Anthony cat was robbed son. that's the good white folks for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took my kids to see Karate Kid, we thoroughly enjoyed it, little Jaden is a natural.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must agree with you Anthony Burrell was robbed, I think they held it against him because he was so talented and professional, probably too professional for television.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katherine Jackson is gulity of staying with her loser husband, he continues to stop to new levels, I'm not sure what his probelm is besides be a greedy money sucking bastard, he KILLED his song.
    Jarvis

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd vote for Anthony any day anywhere with his fine azz! God lawd that boi fine!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joe Jackson has neerve, asparents you're suppose to protect your children by any means necessary.
    BET is still behind...much worse than it was when Bob Johnson owned it. Viacom along with Debra Lee, their man goal is to keep us in the dark ages.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Celtics ALL the way, I'm with you Kev' Lets GO!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anthony Burrell was robbed as was Mya Harrison on Dancing With Stars, the punishment seems to be that they were better dancers than the commpetitors.
    Fatima

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was at the Jay Z show this weekend, and Kanye shut it down, you can't keep him down, he's here to stay. I'm on board with the Kanye West moveemnt, so take that biyatches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you cna't hold people like the Anthony Burrells of the world down, excellence is rewarded, sooner or lager.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kate Hudson is living her Hollywood life, I envy that she can jump from bed to bed. When do I get my turn.
    Jazmine

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read another article to share your feelings about Anthony Burrell. Maybe he'll try again next year could be a perfect revenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karate Kid was great family fun, my kids love the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw Anthony B at the destiny's child farwell tour. he's incredible, maybe professional dancers shouldn't appear on amateur tv dance shows, it only reduces their brand.
    Kamaal

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with you on the Anthony Burrell elimaination and with you on the BET being in business for 30 years, they can do so much better with programming, thankfully the had the good sense to pick up The GAME sitcom, which is a step in the right direction.
    Sarai

    ReplyDelete
  18. anthony burell is incredible he doesnt need dance shows to tell him what he already knows

    ReplyDelete
  19. I watched that whack gay So you think you can dance shit. homie should be happy that he idnd't make it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karate Kid making the big bigs...nice. that Jaden kid has that something special. Just like his father.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Kevin, thanks for providing us with some background on Anthony Burrell, I really wanted him to win So You Think You Can Dance, I was certain that he would go all the way, imagine to my surprise when he got elmimnated. If I were a betting kinda girl, I wouldve loss my cheese. Poor guy, but I'm sure he will bounce back to greater things.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  22. I called the SYTYCD studios in protest, firs the insult that Anthony B didn't make the top ten, when they made the exception and added an 11th dancer, I'm like WTF .....clearly outraged. It's all political racist bullshit.
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  23. Joe Jackson is one crazy Muthaf*cka. If you want to see a greal father role model, look no further than Will Smith. Jaden's Karate Kid is a clear example of guidance and parenting. He seems very well grounded.
    Jai

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love Amy, and I'm ready for her return to the music scene.

    ReplyDelete
  25. People are easy to criticize, may BET is doing the best that they can. If you think you can do better, give Debra Lee a call.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I agree with you Anthony Burrell was doing his thing and his hamstring was pulled that what I call fierce, so eff off SYTYCD, Burrell's future is brighter without yall, your loss.
    Devin D. Banner

    ReplyDelete