Friday, July 16, 2010

So Long/TGIF

TGIF
Hello everyone, the sun FINALLY came. This week I'm saddened by the passing of my friend Mrs. Johnson, as most of you remember me talking about her from time to time, even though I'm down, I still have joy, because I know who has the victory. She fought a long triumphant battle with Cancer, her Doctor gave her two weeks to live, that was back in 2007, and In my time of volunteering with her, she was never in pity mode, she always understood exactly what life was about, which is grace, she made no excuses for the good or bad, that she dealt with while she was here on earth. She taught me about tranquility, and excellence in the appreciation of life, she always found a bright moment on her darkest days, be it a bad reaction to chemo or her food not staying down, to the days when she didn't have the energy to get out of bed, her idea of victory were the days when she could walk outside to get her mail from her mailbox, or when she could look over into her rose garden, when she would read to me, I listened intently, we played cards, we even danced together when she was only able to move her eyes, but we danced. I will never forget you Mrs. Johnson, and I'll value your ethics for the rest of my life.

The Cancer fight has always been important for me, and it's a subject that hits close to home, I say it's your duty to live the very best life that's possible for you, the education of knowing your body, is your ammunition, its an absolute must to have your physicals regularly whether you have insurance or not, we live in a culture where we have the accessibility to have the best care and life possible, please do not take your days lightly here on earth. Proper diet is essential, and I know that it's easier said than done, but we must start somewhere, exercise helps tremendously, I could be much better in that department. Medication is the enemy, it's a temporary fix, and my suggestion is Holistic Herbs, as we must become more proactive, why make the pharmaceutical industry richer? For all my female followers, please research the CA125 test it’s the only test for Ovarian Cancer, and it's not covered during your regular physical, but it's the best 250.00 dollars that you'll ever spend. Knowledge is YOUR power!!

What Are You Doing With Your Life?


R.I.P. Mrs Johnson

14 comments:

  1. I'm sitting her in tears, not only was your TGIF informative, I felt that I know a little about Mrs. Johnson. I think you've gotten your wings. Keep doing what you do.
    Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks, I will tell my sister about that CA test, I really appreciate your words, and I'm sorry that you lost your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin you're earning your wings everyday bruh,keep the faith, and continue to be inspired.
    Gil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kevin, I was said to hear about Mw. Johnson passing away, however passing away is a joyful time. That's the beauty of life.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. kev' you're a angel maybe a chubby one, but an angel just the same.LOL this is your trainer talking, i'm sure since I've been out of town, you probably haven't touched the gym. Monday @ 5am GAME on, no excuses.
    Sorry about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. R.I.P. Mrs Johnson, I always enjoyed reading your posts about Mrs Johnson. Hang in there!
    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your song selection, Mrs Johnson must have been some kind of lady.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for this... Trying to get my mind, body, and spirit right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. afternoon, I'm just receiving your friday blast, I was wondering what happened to you. sorry to hear about your friend, I lost a close friend this week too, so I know your pain.
    Hang in there.

    it does get better Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Friday Kevin, man you've seen more than your share of sorrow here lately, but you're a strong trojan, so I know that you'll make it through. Hang in there babe.
    RAQ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the information kevin, this is good stuff. keep doing your thing, it's a cool movement that you've started.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read your communications. I've always admired that depth and authentication
    about you. I pray that all things are well with you dear friend. My boi and I
    still talk about the fun we had in our Comfort Zone and BlackOut days. On a few
    occasions we've tried to duplicate them, to no avail of course! However, we
    both agree the experience was classic and un-duplicateable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kev,

    Sorry about the passing of your friend. I know one of her treasures was having you as a friend. Thanks for sharing on the blog. Concerning me, you are usually preaching to the choir; but then I like to hear good preaching. I'm working on the fitness end here in San Diego to get people to be proactive concerning health matters as well. If nothing else helps I tell them that your eventual Grand Children and/or God Children would rather play with them then watch them suffer, so be at your best for them. It strikes a cord with some (whatever it takes). Facing death is a part of this journey, so I really like the part about every human's duty to live the best life possible. One of my fav's is that Jesus came that we might have life so I'm trying to be brave enough to live it in abundance.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bro,you dont know how much I needed to read and feel this message. Thank you for knowing what I needed at the time I needed it. I'm praying for you. Love ya xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete