Monday, June 25, 2012

Always Be My Baby ...

Dearest Whitney,

Another week has gone by without you here.  I watched a tribute special on Michael Jackson last night that was recorded in 2010 and produced in 2011, you were one of the featured celebrities who spoke about the King Of Pop.  Who couldve known that by the time this special was to air, you would be taken away too.  I was sad at that moment and the thought that both bright lights were now dim.  I came away finding some comfort in knowing that the two of you had a great friendship, and knowing that you two are together in another place, getting the peace and rest that the both of you so richly deserved. 
Sunday July 1st, the BET Awards will air, and Gladys Knight your mother and a few others are going to do a tribute to you.  I'm going to hold my breathe after all it's BET and they rarely get it right, but I'm hopeful. 
I miss you Whitney and I shall never forget you, and all the joy and happiness that you brought to my life for over 28 years, it was my most successful relationship:) Until next week.  Rest easy princess.

20 comments:

  1. love and miss you Whitney. RIP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll alway be our baby. We honor you, we love you, we remember you AND we will never forget you. RIP beautiful Whitney.

      Delete
  2. this picture of whitney isn't very flattering, matter of fact, It looks nothing like her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like this picture. Ive never seen it before, but I think that it looks classically contemporary. You can never go wrong with a ponytail. Love me some Nippy.
      Darryl P.

      Delete
    2. I'm with you Darryl, this is a great picture of Whitney. I miss her sooo much!

      Delete
  3. we're always going to love and miss whitney houston. lets appreciate the time that we had with her. she's one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. she's is extremely missed, like michael both gone too soon. the pressures of the entertainment community proved to be too much for both of them. may they both rest in peace.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Whitney and I agree with you BET wont get it right this weekend, they never do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like that picture of Whitney, too much makeout and it seems like too much air brushing. she's far more glamorous than this picture.
    Loving and missing you Whitney, in spite of the bad picture.
    Art

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Art, I love this picture of Whitney, she looks VERY young and contemporary. She was a timeless beauty.
      Cary

      Delete
  7. I love your weekly journal to Whitney, it's innocent and sweet, the sincerity is like the youth of a child, well you get what i'm saying. Whitney lovers every UNITE!!
    Carli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got to get ready, just a few minutes more
      Gonna get that old feeling when you walk through that door ...
      those lyrics still do it to me every time, adn that voice my oh my.
      Brittany

      Delete
  8. Only ONE Whitney. She is forever locked in my heart, and I shall never forget her amazing voice.
    Suzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her voice was the best in the business. I wish that she had the love that she deserved. Family can be crazy pressures on you. Rest in peace babygirl.
      Tamara

      Delete
  9. We Miss You ...Nippy & MJ 4ever !!!!
    Rah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the love that is shared from our Whitney community. She was truly something special. She had so many vultures around her. Let's pray that she's at peace. She deserves that.
    RIP Nippy,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  11. It still feels like a HORRIBLE dream and I find it hard believing that your beautiful face and spirit had trancended to another place. I love you and hope that you're okay.
    RIP
    Amanda p

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes people don't sppreciate priledge, Whitney seemed to take a lot for granted. I'm just saying.
    Adeva

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whitney what a great voice! What a beauty, what stage presence. She was here for a short time, but look what she achieved. May her soul rest in eternal peace.
    Logan

    ReplyDelete
  14. The voice, such power, and talk about could command a stage. She was in a league of her own.
    Pablo S. T

    ReplyDelete