Friday, June 15, 2012

RIP Actress Yvette Wilson .... No More Pain



My friend Yvette Wilson (March 6/1964 - June 14/2012)passed away yesterday after a long battle with cervical cancer. She is best known for her role as Andell Wilkerson on the UPN sitcom Moesha and its spinoff The Parkers. She has appeared on many comedy films such as House Party 2, House Party 3, Friday, and on Russell Simmons' Def Comedy Jam.

Its with a very heavy heart that I say goodbye. We spoke just last week, we laughed and we talked about the future, we had a couple ideas on the table, that I thought we would see into frution, however God had other plans for Yvette. She was always a light, very postive and upbeat. She always encouraged me to stay focused and know that all of my goals were within my grasp, she believed in me, even on the days when I had little belief in myself. Often we would pray and talk about the word, so I have no doubt where she is resting now. No more pain, no more suffering. Until we meet again, thanks for sharing a part of your journey with me, now take flight, and soar. RIP

9 comments:

  1. OMG, I am devastated! Rest In Paradise, Yvette Wilson, May u suffer no more.
    martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIP Yvette 'Andell' Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love and Light. So saddened by the passing of Yvette Wilson! RIP”
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God, I'm so sad and shocked to hear about Andell, I loved her so much on the Parkers and FRIDAY. She was so young. May she rest in peace.
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kevin I'm so sorry for your loss, this is horrible news, I know that jamie and Mo'Nique are probably devastated, they were so close. She will truly be missed. She's with GOD now, no more pain and suffering. This is such a hard pill to swallow.
    RIP Andell

    ReplyDelete
  6. she had great timing, i still enjoy the parkers in syndication. rip andell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Remember her in several movies as well as co-star in Moesha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Yvette may your journey ba peaceful. I kmow that you're going to make them laugh
    Omast

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pls ladies learn a lesson from the great loss of Yvette. Please have your yearly check up. Pap smears are a must. This such a hard pill to swallow. She was in her prime. RIP sweet lady. You will be missed.
    Diane Akai

    ReplyDelete