Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Up Close In my Rotation ....


I love love love Ciara, she's hit a couple stumbling blocks in her music career, but now with her mentor L.A. Reid executive producing her project, she is gearing up for her Epic Records label debut. When she first started in the game, she was known for her dancing, and her debut CD went triple platinum, her followup CD went platinum, after that sales deminished. She had a song called "If I Were A Boy" that met with resistance at radio for some odd reason (Matthew Knowles payola) and Ironically Beyonce' Knowles had a song called "Like A Boy" same concept similar sound, and radio ate it up, hmmm isn't that interesting right? Ciara can dance, and Beyonce' Knowles can dance just not as well. I'm team Ciara, so I'm rooting for you CiCi.

Other up and coming singers that I recommend you give a listen, Marcus Canty, Chris Rene', Rebecca Fergusion, Emeli Sande, Brandon Hines, J'Sun and Passion the latter two are big youtube sensations. Also I'm really liking the return of Tamia, who in my opinion is one of the best singers in the business, her tone quality is unbelievable. Her new single is entitled "Beautiful Surprise" which is an untempo banger, and Mya is back on the scene after almost a decade of silence with "Mr. Incredible" a mid-tempo haunting groove.

Some songs that I can never get enough of, Adore by Sherree Ford, Don't Want To Lose It by Rahsaan Patterson, Get It Back by Whitney, Memories by Willie Hutch, Future Love by Frank McComb, Irons In The Fire by Teena Marie, Makings Of You by Gladys Knight, Until You Come Back by Aretha,You Better Love Me by Susan Barrett, Alfie by Carmen McCrae, Misseducation by Lauryn Hill, Can't Seem To Make Up My Mind by Mica Paris,Summer Soft by Stevie, Language of Life by Everything But The Girl, Be Still My Beating Heart by Sting, Just Friends by Amy Winehouse, Change For Me by Eric Roberson, Lush Life by Donna Summer, Share My Love by R. Kelly,Fly Away by Michael Jackson, Wish I Didn't Love You So by Marvin Gaye, Always Be My Baby by Mariah Carey, So You Can Cry by Ne-Yo and Beautiful Girl by B.O.B. Just wanted to give you a little more insight to me, normally my music I save strictly for me, but today it's about sharing and letting people in. Do your research and let me know what you think about my selections. Ciao



8 comments:

  1. you have great taste in music Kevin that's evident, but whats suspect is your love for Ciara, it must be a sexual thing, clearly she has not talent, well you're right she is a gret dancer.
    ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CiCi is worthy Kevin, I'm with you. I love Bey too, but I think she could step her game up, and have most substance to what she's doing.
      Christopher

      Delete
  2. I use to be a dog groomer in beverly hills and Ciara's dog was one of my clients. She was always very nice and courteous to me, and I loved her little doggie.
    johnathan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to love when I lived downstairs from you, nad I would always hear you blasting your music, but my favorite was always your compilaiton CD's. Wonder if you still make those, if so I'd love to get one for old times sake.
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heard Tamia's song about a month ago & I luv this jam! I think all about my Beautiful Queen my Wife! Thia songz dedicated 2 u babe!!! Thx Tamia 4 ur soulful voice all tbese yrs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tamia is like a deep breath of fresh air with this song!!!!!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait for Marcus Canty and Chris Rene's projects to come out. Ne-Yo is cool, but he's a little too fruity for me.
    Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT music selection. I love it. You are finally giving insight to your musical discography, very nice.
    al

    ReplyDelete