Friday, October 9, 2009

Wounds and Battle/TGIF

Thank God It's Friday,
See sometimes you just got to say his name and give him the glory. It's a easy thing to do. Some still fear the thought. Truthfully I use to be one of them. Trouble dont last always, is one of the things my Mother would always say to me. I still hear her voice so sound and clear.

In the thick of things life can truly test you, and reveal who you really are, and what you're made of. Love doesn't always conquer all. A wound in time can heal, but the healing process can take a lifetime. In that time your wounds become seasoned, and the more seasoned the wounds become, the more jade, time has allowed to set in.

Never sacrifice yourself for another. Like the saying goes never make someone YOUR priority, when YOU'RE only an option. It always leads back to a swift kick in the *ss. Plain and simple and the rules are never new. Pay close attention to the things that 'aren't' being said. No two people get to love at the same time, and love is never equal. Someone is always benefiting more than the other. Love takes application, and it's a day to day process. Few ever really totally understand the bigger picture. Divorce or breakups come along because you like to use words like 'Irreconcilable Differences', so much for till death do us part. Where has the commitment gone? Arguments are healthy, that's where the battle begins in 'struggle'. It takes MUCH work to diligently press forward.

Taking the easy road, nothing is learned, no challenges achieved to strive to push hard to get understanding, to things that arent easily understood. Do you fault yourself when someone has grown disenchanted with your love. The mature question is to seek truth no matter what. Maybe they never loved you, but because of words like 'convenience' or 'easy' they settled into a way of life. Though never fair for the person in love, who is walking wounded daily, trying to be what the other person needs them to be. Awful truth, is you will never meet their needs, Secretly most people know this, yet they wear those rose colored glasses to see what they want to see.

Friends will never fully get it, yet all have walked a wicked walk out on faith at some point. Trust a try...it's all worth the wounds and the battles fought, its what living life in the moment is all about, it keeps you on course to a better self. Usually we find someone who is lacking things and character, we cultivate that person to a new completion and lifestyle, when the growth process is achieved, someone else will benefit from the fruits of your labor. The love of your life will leave you, and their NEXT one benefits. Hmmm yeah where is the fairness, well who said that it was fair.

I say go on and cry, it's your right, for a time it will make you feel better, but don't ever let it consume the shell of you. Wounds are meant to heal. Life will always have struggle and battles, new challenges, new desires, and eventually the heart will mend, and it will pump and thrust for the 'next' love and you will take another chance to begin again, and you'll step out on faith once again, the difference this time around you'll be smarter and wiser, well most of you. For those walking wounded in the battle of love and life. Stop beating yourself up, you did nothing wrong, but fell in love with someone who didn't love you, or as much, nor appreciate you. Sad thing is the other person has no idea of their loss, because they are still riding their gain....FOR NOW!!

What are you doing with your life?

13 comments:

  1. Keviin,
    I'll say it again, YOU MISSED YOUR CALLING. Thanks a lot now you got me crying in my cereal. This blast hits me right in the heart, it's like you're looking into my life this past five years. Im angry, hurt and I feel rejected.
    Cortney

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHEWWWW!!!! now, you know i think you wrote this for me, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be in your mind, you come up with the good stuff every week. I look forward to your input every Friday. Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule, it speaks to your character. Thx again.
    Shuri'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a decision long time ago to no longer be a option for someone, its not fair to me. Ex's come and go. I did hurt, but I got over it. So sad for the fools who sing the poor pity me song.
    Demi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kevin,
    This is the good stuff. I love when you talked about relationships. You must be in a long term, because you get it better than most. I would love to pick your brain, and see just what makes you tic. I think you should write a book or a movie, you see to have the pulse of what America wants and needs to hear. Keep the good stuff coming.
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're miserable but in love with the person should you stay? If you have no money, what happens to the kids? How can I leave? Those are my questions for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just opened your blast, and I'm stunned in my chair. It's like you know my life. I need to do better, but isn't not so much a abc thing,....a lot of crazy sheeeit, is in the middle.
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  8. Informative as ever Kevin. Always the good food for thought. I'm anxious to see how your scripts pan out. You've been given a gift, lets see how you handle it.
    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Kev,

    I always look forward to your blogs.Just wish I was back....still wok to be done

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Kevin, I know you wrote this one for me. Your truly have a gift with words. I did along time ago, but somehow lost it along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Life is adventure, and everyday that I go out to see my declining patients and slowly sit down in that chair to listen to them or bring back out memories for them, I know I'm blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Kevin, I had to let the words of this weeks TGIF sit with me for a while. I felt that you were speaking directly to me. I've been holding on to a relationship where I'm alone in love. Never in a million years did I think it would happen to me. Im working on me, and I hope to come out victorious. Wish me luck.
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Imagine getting 7500.00 dollars for every TGIF writing you send out. Shit this good can and will easily garner thousands of dollars and help thousands of lives. My question is...what are YOU doing with YOUR life? You inspire bro. Thanx a million. How can someone continue getting better everytime? Only through the grace of God who moves your fingers for you. Keep em coming Kev and you don't have to right these just for me you know. There are others out there. : )

    ReplyDelete