Friday, April 16, 2010

Naked/TGIF

Happy Friday,
They say unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, a son/daughter that comes into the world bare, with naked innocence, wisdom, that breed mistakes, which ultimately gives character and education all happens along the way. To be naked is being at one with nature and all its components. In your solitude the walls fully come down. It's when you're at your most vulnerable. Questions like who is watching me, better still what do they see? Take for instance the stories like the movies "Monster" or "Precious" both speak to the ugly that can happen in life. I think we all have some dirty little secret things that we've witnessed, to the things that we fear most.

Beautiful things can come from ugly situations. Staying stagnant in the face of the odds, is again you not doing your dutiful best to get where you are required to be. I don't believe in pity parties as they are not rewarded on my watch. Prayer is a simple thing that has a certain flow and order to the bigger picture. For some reason a group of people will not honor the blessings that are bestowed daily. A mere luxury that is given for free and the rewards that one reaps are endless. Still some doubt!

Clothing is a temporary shield, yet the soul is still naked and raw, tapping into the forbidden is you at your best even though you feel you've bottomed out. The eyes of the masses all on you. The bigger the struggle the more you realize that it's hard to stay honest in your truth. In my nakedness what I am offering to the world? What will the world give back? The exemplary offerings are monumental in the overall credit and temperament that we leave, long after we are dead and gone. To humble yourself without illusions, means that you take ownership however the chips fall.

Words cut like a knife; it's piercing to the flesh. An open wound heals, the recovery is not always instant, and bouncing back speaks about the experience and acknowledgement. Some won't make it back from the dark end, and happy endings aren't for all, some return but are never quite the same. When naked you re exposed, and your flaws are revealed. Flowing gallantly in the midst of it all can be gratifying if you succeed in conquering your demons, be prepared for the next obstacle because it's just one street over from where you've been, though it feels miles apart!

What Are You Doing With Your Life?

10 comments:

  1. Nice. I appreciate your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG your words are piercing and that Monica performance S I C K!!! I did not that girl could sing like that ....WOW!!! Does she have a CD out?
    Francesa

    ReplyDelete
  3. gotta be one of your best, solid thoughts and wisdom, can be applicable. . . "like flowing gallently in the midst of it all, as you succeed in conquering your demons," whoa! like the symbolism of the naked soul. . muy bueno!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading your words, I was sitting in my slip, and felt the need to put some clothes on. Thanks ...oh and Monica was a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. letting your guard is is very hard thing to do. so if you're naked, you better make sure your body is on point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful things can indeed come from ugly things.

    hari

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is good stuff my man. Yes indeedy. I love your words and Monica is singing her ass off. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You making me think about the Rockwell song 'Somebody's Watching me':-) thanks for the words of encouragement. What a honor it is ot know you. I wish you all the best, and i can't wait to see you take it to the next level.
    Parker

    ReplyDelete
  9. c I thank you for your wisdom.
    Jiroh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monica is killing that song. Your words make me want strive to be better than I've been, adn when I read your words I look at things differently.

    ReplyDelete