Friday, April 9, 2010

Stuck/TGIF

TGIF and I do give thanks! Hello everyone.
A simple pleasure is the realization of awareness when being enlightened, as we are presented with the 'right now'. Today can be about you only, when your time and energy is drained by others, its time to retreat. Fine tuning your body when you've been overwhelmed with others and their issues, is the universe granting sleep/restoration, to replenish focus. If you don't know your limits, the line is nonexistent. Who does the willow weep for?

Something unusual happened to me today, I picked fresh flowers for myself, one might view that as soft; I'll take that, because I'm determined to make the most of all that I'm given, I recommend that you do the same. Ultimate tests are presented in your life and its ongoing. Finding your place when there seems to be 'no' reason to the rhyme. How can you give to others when you have nothing for self? Giving is a humbling act, to expect nothing in return is charitable. Good deeds float from within; often time you react before you think. The mind motors factors in with geniune goodness.

In the worst of times no matter the circumstances, I say give your best. You never who is watching. The expectation that others put on you, is an unfair pedestal to be thrust upon, especially when the one who is expectant for you to play it big, is failing miserably. Once you've adjudicated the situation, you can clearly address it. In sacrifice absolute must be the gain. Today and forevermore my mantra does not fear revisitation.

Selfish acts are those who drain energy. Understand that you play a role in every situation; eventually being the Good Samaritan takes it toll. That frustration can only be with self, it's a behavior that you've allowed. Living in gratitude is acknowledging daily the things we take for granted. Simple luxuries are afforded to you; dead weight needs to be cut, yes it may seem extreme, but your life has a pace, weak slows you down, to abstain is a must! The element of surprise is not knowing when your number is up, one day it will be your turn - Count on it!

What Are You Doing With Your Life?

14 comments:

  1. Just what I needed to hear today. Your writings are always so timely. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat up Kev? LOL just being silly :)

    My cousin (male) suggested I become a fan of Terry Dehon (sp) the author.

    Anyhow..I noticed you were a fan already. Obviously I had to reach out and

    give you this tidbit of information to brighten your day..LOL

    None the less…I’m not a fan he is way too too graphic for me. I can do Zane

    And she can be a lot to take in as well. But I enjoy her read…especially for

    married folk :)

    Have a great Friday and thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get all this wisdom come from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I simply love this one! Keep it up brother, your craft and gift is truly cherished!
    ZW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one was gangsta today. I so can relate to your words. You're doing some incredible things. Your writings are so wonderfully enlightened.
    Eve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kev'
    I don't think picking flowers for yourself is soft at all. You should treat yourself. And as far as energy drains. Hey...sometimes we need to retreat in order to rejuvnate/restore one's self. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kevin, I've known you for years, why come I've never read any of your work? It's always the quiet ones huh. Oh Oh, I'm on to you now. Reading your words made my day today, and I couldnt help but think of all the years that I've known you. I'm not a stalker but I've read your entire blog today from 2008. Negro you got a lot to say. LOL
    Great stuff.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flowers are to be showered while your here, and if you give them to youself, so be it. Take your time Kevin,and the 'me' moments are necessary - always.
    Kenya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank again, you really have a way with words, and I'm always inspired after hearing what you have to say.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dang son! You went to the depths with this one. I can say this much. This in no longer only Kevin writing...I feel things are being channeled through you from the cosmos. Someone or something is using you to bless the rest of us. It's wonderful, incredible and indescribable. Thank you...really, truly and sincerely. -RJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always dropping knowledge. I'm still trying to spend time with you, trying to get to know what makes yoru tick. I'm always insipired by your words. Your gift is something out of this world, on another life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mucho Gracias,
    Inez

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every Friday when I read you shit, it's toooooo deep. We know better tan that. But your shit is still good Dude, hit the heart and soul and makes folks think!!! Keep it up, don't stop the writing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Giving yourself Flowers is not weak, it's acknowledging what you desire and deserve. One thing that I missed this week, was the music that you usually have attached to your TGIF's. so what happened to the music?
    Dawnie

    ReplyDelete