Friday, August 13, 2010

Eyes/TGIF

Happy Friday Everyone,
The eyes do not lie, piecing to the soul, they see everything. Parents teach what's honest, and righteous. When someone can look you in the eyes that is oneness, the trust is automatically established, and right away you are put at ease, and a certain comfort is provided. If you want to know what deceit looks like, it's within the person who is afraid of eye contact, its someone who doesn't know how to be honest, it's that person who is afraid of the truth, and one who hasn't confronted their being.

Walking through life with rose colored glasses is one thing because that's another sort of innocence and naivety, which gets a pass, but it's the person who cannot take those dark glasses off, that's the very person to always be on guard with, popular culture in the last 10-15 years has glamorized the illusion of wearing the shades thing, but it has gotten out of hand, no matter how popular it is, shades are a mask to cover up. What are your afraid of and what you're trying to hide we've already seen. Fear should be used as adrenaline and powered into your consciousness.

Following by example is not ground breaking, the acknowledgement and credit goes to anyone who pays attention, its admirable but nothing special. The retention is when you start to break down the matter at hand, when you're willing to go deep within and present the dirty not so proud moments without it being covert, be proud of the discovery and wonderment that you've tapped into, It gives meaning and purpose to your life. Rainbows come in many shades and the eye that isn't afraid to look without a curtain is a naked eye, it's the eyes that makes a soul glisten, it's pure and sometimes weary, but not weathered.

What Are You Doing With Your Life?

18 comments:

  1. Command Performance was great to hear. . . .good memory . .tgif. .thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. also kids wearing shades inside buildings, on interviews, what are we teaching to our children. life is "not" always about being cool.thanks for shading light.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was pretty good, but I think you could have gone deeper, you only tapped the surface, say what you really mean, because this subject needs to be specific. I think hip hop has added negative meaning to a little of innocent things, rappers, singers on tv interview high..and use the shades as an excuse.
    Miles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honest is in the eyes Kevin, you're absolutely right about that. You got to live for truth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to meet this man behind the pen...do you ever do gatherings?

    ReplyDelete
  6. had to take my shaes off to read this, Seriously nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes people wear shades because they are shy, but I do understand your intent.
    Raq

    ReplyDelete
  8. I appreciate your work. As a reader i never know where you going to take me...but I enjoy the ride.

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I needed to read this piece today. You are very timely. Thanks for giving the good stuff man.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I needed to read this piece today. You are very timely. Thanks for giving the good stuff man.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great words man, and I love the song, though I've never heard the singer, he's quite talented.
    Bashiri

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't always look ppl in their eye, sometimes it's a vulnerability that I'm not willing to let the average person into. i think you have to look at it from both angles. Reading your TGIF today, it made me feel like I had something to hide or defend.
    Max

    ReplyDelete
  13. the bloke is singing that song....I'm amazed!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well...I think there are shy people that have a hard time with it..but you can identify that without looking into their eyes. I totally think body language plays a part in honesty as well. But aain I know folks that look you straight in the eye and can't tell

    ReplyDelete
  15. few ppl are honest, we all conceal on certain levels. we come clean when we need to. that's just life.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like wearing shades sometimes it's not for all to see and quite honestly I don't care fot let just anyone into to me. Life is hard enough so rather than giving complete honesty, I might make you work for it. Does that make me dishonest?
    Just curios.

    ReplyDelete
  17. man that guy singing is the real stuff, the song is incredible. where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmmmm I'm going to think twice about rocking my sunglasses, didn't know that i could be being dishonest or hiding behind something.
    Good food to digest.

    ReplyDelete