Friday, August 20, 2010

Hourglass/TGIF

Happy Friday Everyone,
I want to take you back for a moment, I remember swimming at our local YMCA, Vacation Bible School and spending summers with my grandparents those are some of my best memories, The world was about predicating, because we took pride in our community, and manners were still the rule and not the exception. I was speaking to a good friend reminiscing about life and the good times of those 'perfect moments' in our lives, take a moment and do this exercise with me, what do you remember about your childhood, and what opportunities do you regret that are no longer afforded to you? The mind is a very powerful tool, it allow us to capture and save those 'perfect moments" which can be viewed as sand castles, so in that sense, we can allow time to stand still.

Today gatherings with friends and family becomes more important than ever, to sit in the 'happy' now moments, to enjoy that family softball game or family reunion, that wasn't brought on by a loved one's passing, you cherish those moments, and even that drunk aunt who always has just a little too much sauce at every family gathering, you love him all the more, because those make for some of the best memories.

Yesterday, though I know going back is no longer an option, as I look forward I can live in those 'now' moments with vigorous opulence and be appreciative of all that I'm grateful for and all that I hope to become, and to really focus on the lessons that life and the unfamiliar affords me, to get behind circumstances that are not about me, but to enlighten those whom I may encounter, because all moments in your life hold a certain validity of importance, and should never be taken for granted, challenge is not opting out, that route is all too familiar, remember obstacles are temporary road blocks, it's a sign of life telling you to change your path, the wise person is not the one who gets there first, but is the one who understands the realm of the endurance.

What Are You Doing With Your Life?

10 comments:

  1. thanks I really needed tnis today. it brought back many memories of childhood and growing up with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good stuff, this was a nice stroll....very light

    ReplyDelete
  3. ironically i have a family reunion this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember taking my sister & brother to the mall to meet up with their friends, & me going outside riding bikes or skateboarding with my lil crew...It was truly a Different world.....(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember Grandma's blue robe and some of the stories she told...
    rp

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok.....not about the goal but the journey......

    ReplyDelete
  7. NOW THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT.

    MY MIND FLASHED BACK ON ALL OF US(MOTHER,POOCHIE,PAT, LINDA,THERESA,PAT,NOKE,

    MARYANN,EARLINE AND HER BROTHERS)WERE PLAYING BALL IN THE STREET IN FRONT OF

    THE HOUSE. ALL THE NEIGHBORS WERE JUST HAVING FUN.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Des'ree sounds like a combinaton of Anita Baker and Tracy Chapman! go ahead, tell me I'm wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yeah, she sounds great, naturally. good selection

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are truly west coast, cause i remember just as you have spoken, YMCA, VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL AND SPENDING SUMMERS WITH MY FAMILY AND GRANDPARENTS, i FEEL THE LYRICS OF STEVIE WONDER NOW.

    ReplyDelete