Monday, August 13, 2012

Always Be My Baby ...


Dearest Whitney,

Last week would have been your 49th birthday, also the 11th marked six months since your departed this earth, a landmark that I'm sickened by.  Arista announced a release date of a new greatest hits package, no new material, so basically Arista is doing what they have always done DROPPED the ball.  Your 'Sparkle" soundtrack opened to poor numbers which is a clear result of no marketing strategy.  This week the world gets to witness your greatness for the last time with 'Sparkle' opening this weekend, I'm still undecided if I will be in attendance for the opening, the wound is too fresh.  I think about you all the time, and I know that GOD knew best, so I continue to accept your fate along with the other legion of fans who are mourning your loss.  I can never say it enough about your talent and presence, NO ONE COULD TOUCH the heights that you soared.  Until next week, I'll be seeing you. Restful sleep to you my princess.

3 comments:

  1. I miss Whiteny .. I'm going to see sparkle feiday with a box of kleenex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's all good I love Whitney, i will be there with bells and whistles on Friday. We need to make this really a successful for Whitney and her memory.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. the beauty of whitney is her entire being, very misunderstood. I think fame and the rules of it got to be too much for her. As triumphant as her story was, its equally as sad. I will remember her greatness, and will not let anything cloud my judgemtne.
    dani

    ReplyDelete