Thursday, August 16, 2012

Command Performance

Everything But The Girl is one incredible duo, amazingly the folk duo recorded for about ten years before ever having any type of success, and the ironic part is their hit "Missing" became a international success because of a Todd Terry 'house' remix, which turned into a bonafide club classic, when it's original state was something completely opposite of who they really were.  Their performance here of "Rollercoaster" stays true to who Everything But The Girl is as a group and how dedicated they were to their craft.  This song dealt with a near death accident that member Ben Watt had experienced and it took a toll on the duo's relationship, Tracey Thorn delivers their journey of that time with tenderness, emotion, love and heartfelt compassion.

4 comments:

  1. you always surprise me, I never know where you're going to pull from, but what I can say is that you always keep my interest and most times you introduce me to songs and groups that I've never heard of. your command performance is always my favorite piece of yours.
    Mario

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love EBTG, and by your knowing them, speaks volumes of your musical taste. keep the good music coming Kev.
    Katelin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this group, I didn't realized that how long they were together before they hit. This is a great video, thanks for posting.
    gary

    ReplyDelete
  4. good stuff as always.
    angela

    ReplyDelete