Friday, August 14, 2009

Best Laid Plans/TGIF

It's Friday

Sometimes I think my life is a open book. Other times I'm drastically private. Addressing dark matters isn't always easy, but we must ask ourselves, the real important questions. I say get your affairs in order, conversations like Wills and DNR (Do Not Resuscitate)are conversations that need to happen. If you don't have a will, I saw put that on your immediate to do list. I talked last week about friendship being one of the only things you get to choose in this life. A will if done correctly is one of the other things.

It's easier to address this matter when your life is good and up. Life is never perfect, what you do while you're here, makes the difficult times bearable. Like it or not, time and pace the longer you're live, they quicker it goes. Putting your wishes on paper allows you to have the ultimate final say. If you do not address matters such as these, you'll end up having someone making decisions for you, and sometimes the people having the say, haven't a clue as to who you are/were nor what your wishes entailed.

This has been a extremely taxing week. I pulled out one of my favorite books 'Tuesdays with Morrie' it's a good read, because it always puts things into prospective. I say live in the moment, take each breathe moan by moan, and appreciate EVERYTHING around you. It can all be taken away in a instant. You know the saying, if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

What are you doing with your life?



P.S. R.I.P. Ame Williams, I'm a much better person, for having you in my life and what you represented for me was true friendship, love, devotion, and ultimate unconditional dedication. I feel good about what we were to each other, and I'm not sure what the future holds for me, but what I do know is everything that I do from this moment on, will represent for you as well. My heart will never be the same. Your beauty now lives in spirit, I so hope that you're at peace,and I hope that wherever you are, you are still smiling that lovely smile.

Whitney Houston's "I Look To You" Disc hits stores August 31-2009

4 comments:

  1. Happy Friday Kev,

    I wast just having some similar thoughts.Hope all is well.

    Mucho Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Mr. Knighton. Still fabulous as usual. I just want to take a moment to thank you for all the positivity that you bring. You are such a gem. Although we don't see each other much. I hear your voice and remember you words of incouragement whenever I'm not feeling my best. I admire you. I wish all the success in the world. See you at the top, not from the top. Luv ya! Kay-Star. ( Keshia)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kev,

    you always know what to send, I have always told you when you where at Time
    Warner you have a way with words! thank you for this it was needed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great stuff mr knighton....once again food for thought(or in this case for action), it almost feels like you're writing directly to me but then, i guess that's the whole idea right?

    ReplyDelete