Friday, August 28, 2009

Path and Frailties/TGIF

Happy Friday Everyone,

Ever notice in the work place how strangers feel so comfortable asking you the most personal things? I'm always amazed, when you don't comply to their questions, immediately you're the hostile, and aloof one. LOL I always say never talk religion, politics or race at work. Errors will happen, someone will get their feelings hurt along the way, forgiveness is optional. I've done some things that I'm not sorry for, and I didn't feel the need to apologize. Haven't you?

Life is given, what you do with it, determines how long you stay here. The mind is such a fragile machine, most of us are holding it together by a slender thread, the slightest obstruction can take you over the edge. Some cushion the pain by staying medicated, some take their frustrations out on the one's closest to them, while other's exercise to get their aggressions out and some just retreat within.

Lack of finances could be the reason, struggle is struggle, some gave up the fight. With the recession in full swing we're all just a couple pay checks away from being homeless. To live on the street wasn't the homeless person's life plan, but it happened and they deal with that reality head on, you may see a homeless person, who has it better than most of us do. They are bold and driven. It takes a lot of nerve to ask a stranger for money on a daily basis. Some of them make more money than you could ever imagine, and live a better lifestyle than people who go to work everyday.

Some homeless people are the most brilliant people that you could ever meet. Their dream was too big for life to fulfill. They went to school, because they were taught it's the American way, to success and wealth. When the true reality sets in, education isn't always a sure thing to monetary security or fulfillment.

No matter the cards that I'm dealt, or how much pain I may endure, I still believe that you are formed in the image you dwell upon, you gravitate toward the object you love. Trust leaps forth to meet on every plane. You advance to meet what you seek, you read what you write, and you look upon what you love. Each soul, will seek another soul closest to self image, all to generate light of life for the world. The true blessing comes from the intent, which explores a greater understanding.

What Are You Doing With Your Life?

P.S. Pop Legend Whitney Houston's CD "I Look To You" drops this Monday August 31-2009
R.I.P. Teddy Kennedy, you Robert and John made being a liberal so cool.

9 comments:

  1. This is a good one. I think i needed this lesson.,
    Thanks Kev

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! Wow...dawg. Yo. I'm just sayin. I mean...shit yo. Fah real kid? Yo, yo, yo! DAAANNNGG son. Is this Kevin Knighton writing this? No...way. Well I mean I believe it is but, wow kid...time to make some cash off this. FAH REALLL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I've been homless so the latter part of this message I know all too well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. them homeless muthafuckers are ruthless. yeah it does take balls son.

    Malick

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are always on point!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WE’VE LOST ANOTHER TRUE PIONEER. TRULY SAD BUT THE DREAM LIVES ON AND IT’S NOT OVER YET JUST ANOTHER CHAPTER.

    TEDDY DID GET THE CHANCE TO SEE A BLACK MAN WITH HOPE AND DREAMS BECOME PRESIDENT OF THESE UNITED STATES
    AND SOMEONE WITH GREAT VALUES AND MORALS. THE TORCH IS NOW PASSED ON TO THE REMAINING FAMILY MEMBERS AND
    US TO KEEP ON HELPING THOSE THAT ARE LESS FORTUNATE THAN WE ARE.
    WE MUST NOT GIVE UP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like you would know anything about being homeless with your snobbish arse:) okay Im kidding. Seriously this is a tender piece. I know that you probably didn't feel like doing this TGIF, because you're still mourning Ame. I'm really glad that you did, we look for you to set the example, and give us good food for thought. Cya Sunday night at DEEP. David is going to be on fire. Save me a dance.

    Ms. Madison Dickerson (model maddy-what)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I filed for divorce on Wednesday. Not every soul seek a like soul. His motives were to destroy all that was good in me, to conquer and divide myself from all that is good in me. He took pleasure in watching me suffer and delighted when I was sick or unable to maintain my composure. He is cruel to the point that I could not grasp even the concept of how such an evil and sick individual he is. He knew with the health issues and financial responsibilities, that I could not leave him. So I am jumping out on the limb and trusting totally in God to see me through. As always, thanks for your inspirational words. You are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear that beautiful. I do think you're going to be better off. You have my personal contact info, I'm here for you. Through the thick and thicker. God knows your heart, and he see's all. When I think of angels walking on earth, your face always appear. It's going to be tough, real tough but I know that you have strength from within, seek the truth and understanding. You're on your way.

    ReplyDelete