Friday, August 7, 2009

Vessel/TGIF

Happy Friday Everyone

The company that you keep is truly a reflection of you. It's not rocket science. In High School the popular kids, hung in their circle, the nerds had their circle, the jocks hung in their circle and the wild/loose one's well you know the drill.

Friendship in my opinion, is one of the few things in this life that we get to choose. People sometime are here for just a season, and in that season, they are sent to teach you a lesson, whether it's painful or meaningful. No mistakes about the 'why' or 'how' should be challenged. Healthy friendships are the one's where you don't always agree, but you respect each other's opinion.

Cycles of life come in waves, and mistakes, angst and adversity will all play a part. A friendship where there's jealousy and envy "cant and will" not last. Anyone who doesn't wish you well, is a part of enemy territory. Friendships are time investments. Realizing that it can't always be about you is a magnificent achievement. We all must listen to the other, and sit patiently when the spotlight is not on us.

In my life, I've broken off two longstanding friendships and it was very painful, almost worse than a death, with a death it's final, whereas when you breakup with a friend, they still roam the earth, As life happens, you could run into that person at the market, and it's an emotional toll. Most times in close friendships, the friend has all your dirt and secrets. Makes it very scary to have them as a enemy, but more importantly the investment that you put forth, did not pay in dividends.

Believe me when I say that the loss of a friendship is another form of heartbreak, and recovery isn't always guaranteed. To love yourself, means to know when to say ENOUGH. I say hurt me today, and let me deal with the fallout, as oppose to leading me on for a hundred years, only to find out that you were never genuine or sincere. Taking self inventory, we must be honest with ourselves, and dissect what part we played in the scenario, because no one is perfect and we all have our issues.

What are you doing with your life?

P.S. Pop Legend Whitney Houston returns to music with her new CD 'I Look To You' on August 31-2009.

10 comments:

  1. NICE! I love u!

    The Whitney song is a nice touch...she's back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! You're funny, but nonetheless on point...good blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KK,
    Todays blog is perfect. You are speaking the truth my man. I needed to hear this
    myself so I know youve touched 100 more souls. We look to you every Friday
    for a blessing and. I know someone gets one everytime. Have a great weekend and
    let's talk soon.
    Lawson

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you Kevin. Friendship is one of those free will big risk that may come around and take a chunk out of you before you know to redefine it.

    Man I looked up a few months back and realized that I was surrounded by people who want to suck the life out of me and contribute nothing to my well being. Its actually scary, when you really see it for what it is; people would rather destroy you than see you happy in freedom.

    I have grown up alot. I can finally see my life through my own eyes and I do not like what I see. Nothing is to my taste. What the fuck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like i alwaays say only you can take words of life and put them together like that i loved it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks my brother. Good food for the mind. Loving you, praising you, adoring you, and thanking you.

    Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank God! my compadres are at least as mature as I am,...no comment on that!
    was just thinking of a longtime friend who mainly in old days we empathized with each other more than anything, and played and listened to music together. I was thinking today, the cost of that friendship, in which I loaned her a few hundred bucks to help out for a home, and have not seen it returned yet, ugh! I just do not want to say, hey let it go, what's a few hundred between friends, hell no! she is married too, oh. . . it was a long story and one decided by emotions rather then common sense. I guess my wanting to be a hero or just help her out, and act as if I can do something I really should not have. Cuz I really wasn't willing to lose that amount, and I knew it was a risk. Live and learn, if its gone, which it sure looks like, then, oh well. It does not matter a great deal. Our friendship's soul was always in process. Confession is good for the soul, if it gets cash back in my pocket, too.She was probably thinking about this today, and then we connect. I know they are trying, but I'm a bit annoyed because I hate to play the pity card, I like people to own up, and when they can't, really can't, then it's my loss. My choice. I just don't want to say die yet. So, I will probably email her, rather than go on with you about this. I will eat humble pie and hear out anything you may feel so inclined to share. Over the computer is easier then face to face

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kevin,

    Ecclesiastes Chapter 3 ,definitely applies....I just find it very funny that this subject of "ending relationships" has been a hot topic this week and it definitely is what I have going on right now. I have decided to end more than two relationships this week with long time friends and Im ok way with....especially right now with this transition I am going through....just felt like rambling ....ttyl8r

    -Micole

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for strking a cord with me today. You seem to have a way with your TGIF's. I needed to hear a non biased opinion. Why is friendships so taxing?
    Whitney's new single was a nice touch. It's good to have her back, and she's seems refreshed and glammed up again...and ready for the world - GO WHITNEY!!
    Think about how many friends she's probably had to free herself of.
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Friendship is indeed a two way street. Being the company that we keep is true as well. Sometimes we hang with other's because they have something that we lack and want to improve upon. Hidden agendas happen too, I can say that I'm a better friend that most, yet I have my faults. Thanks for presenting this reality check for me.
    Also I love the new Whitney track, it makes me want to dance.

    Rahmid

    ReplyDelete