Monday, September 3, 2012

Always Be My Baby ...


Dearest Whitney,

Another week has come and gone since your departure from this earth.  On Saturday I was watching some of your old interviews and performances, and it really hit me, I got very emotional, it was another direct reminder that you're really gone.  For some reason when I listen to you speak, and hear your clear tone on whatever you may be communicating, it hurts even more to realize that I will never hear you speak again, I will never see that gigantic smile coming from this little person.  All my life I thought we would roam this earth together, be it us travelling in different directions, I took comfort in knowing that we were doing it together at a similar pace. Needless to say that Saturday was an emotional day for me of missing you.  I went to bed with my play list on repeat, (my set starting with 'Saving All My Love For You' which is 'still' my all time favorite song yours, which is ironic because that's when I fell in love with you, and though you've had many nuggets since then, that is so special to me 'Saving' still trumps all, because it was the 'first' for me). I went to sleep and you came to me in my dreams, and our conversation was so powerful, you basically told me that no matter where you are now, that I should continue to communicate with you, because you can still hear me and respond, and you showed me some of the other people that you're still are in communication with.  I loved my dream and it made me feel a hell of a lot better than I did before I went to sleep.  I love the powers of the Universe.  I love you my sweet princess, have a restful sleep until next week.  I'm wishing you a peaceful journey.

8 comments:

  1. OMG reading this was powerful, so much so, lets me know that i'm not crazy or alone.
    Amil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kelvin for loving Whitney enough to share this story with your readers, not many would think outside the box enough to publish such thoughts. Your letter this morning has made my day, my week, my month. Thank you.
    London

    ReplyDelete
  3. delightful ... love Whitney, love your that you love, and I love your story.
    Ronnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny, I was having a random convo with a guy from church yesterday... also a fan, and we were talking about how we just feel her... I think I always had a connection to her, but it's grown now that she's no longer in the physical... Don't get me wrong, I want her back on this side still... But the trade off I think is, I can truly send my love to her real time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a touching tribute, this was so heart felt .. She really make an impact on you too. Thanks for helping to keep her memory alive.
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Whitney foever and ever ... Nothing but death could keep me from it.
    Stevie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your story was powerful and awinspiring. So deep to start ny week off.
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. No one could touch her, she was something special, and quite unique in her ability to bring life to a dull lyric, she was genius in her approach.
    Allison

    ReplyDelete